Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Two U.S. Top 10 LB's At One High School (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17723)

GBMelBlount 07-02-2007 10:03 PM

Two U.S. Top 10 LB's At One High School

There are two 2008 linebackers at Trinity High School (1/2 mile from where we live) in Washington PA, who are ranked as top ten highschool linebackers in the entire country. Andrew Sweat & Mike Yancich. One is ranked #5 in the country & the other #8 by scouts.com. One is MLB, other WLB. The tradition of great football talent in Western PA continues.:tt02:

Elvis 07-03-2007 05:21 AM

Re: Two top U.S. tp 10 LB's one high school

Just might be future probowlers... good luck to the kids:tt02:

Cape Cod Steel Head 07-03-2007 07:23 AM

Re: Two U.S. Top 10 LB's At One High School

Must be something in the water out there,

Buzz05 07-03-2007 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBMelBlount (Post 261983)
There are two 2008 linebackers at Trinity High School (1/2 mile from where we live) in Washington PA, who are ranked as top ten highschool linebackers in the entire country. Andrew Sweat & Mike Yancich. One is ranked #5 in the country & the other #8 by scouts.com. One is MLB, other WLB. The tradition of great football talent in Western PA continues.:tt02:

Yancich already committed to Penn State and by all indications Sweat is headed to Ohio State. These 2 friends are about to do battle in the Border War. Yancich is about to become the next great at Linebacker U!

Mosca 07-03-2007 10:16 AM

Yeah. On Oct 13th last year, TJ beat Trinity 30-0, with the backup tailback gaining 233 yards.

It must have been the defensive scheme that limited the linebackers' effectiveness. Or something.

"Thomas Jefferson beat us in every facet of the game," Trinity coach Ed Dalton said. "We weren't able to adjust. They were bigger and faster, and I know Giegerich is out, but you bring in the next guy, and he is just as good."

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :smile:

Tom
TJ '72

SteelCityMan786 07-03-2007 10:51 AM

Hey Tom,

My Football team(Hollidaysburg) if we get that far, might match up with TJ in the state playoffs(If it's the TJ I'm thinking of).

GBMelBlount 07-03-2007 10:13 PM

[QUOTE=Mosca;262117]Yeah. On Oct 13th last year, TJ beat Trinity 30-0, with the backup tailback gaining 233 yards.

It must have been the defensive scheme that limited the linebackers' effectiveness. Or something.

"Thomas Jefferson beat us in every facet of the game," Trinity coach Ed Dalton said. "We weren't able to adjust. They were bigger and faster, and I know Giegerich is out, but you bring in the next guy, and he is just as good."

Obviously they were only 2 starters out of 22. Were 6-3 (I think.) Sounds like TJ was good last year. Where exactly is TJ? (not from burgh originally)

SteelCityMan786 07-03-2007 10:38 PM

[QUOTE=GBMelBlount;262220]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosca (Post 262117)
Yeah. On Oct 13th last year, TJ beat Trinity 30-0, with the backup tailback gaining 233 yards.

Obviously they were only 2 starters out of 22. Were 6-3 (I think.) Sounds like TJ was good last year. Where exactly is TJ? (not from burgh originally)

Jefferson Hills.

GBMelBlount 07-03-2007 10:51 PM

where is jefferson hills?

SteelCityMan786 07-03-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GBMelBlount (Post 262233)
where is jefferson hills?

If you know where Clairiton is, it's west of there.