Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Two thumbs up! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17728)

WV-SteelerFan 07-03-2007 11:32 AM

Two thumbs up!

I actually read a quote/user comment on "The Sporting News" (from a fan) that I thought made sense...

"...I love it when a team loses starters and all the fans say "oh, they weren't very good anyway, or they're easily replaceable". Well guess what? Those guys were starting for a reason...so they must have been pretty darn good to be starting in the NFL for a Super Bowl winning team. But now that they're gone all of a sudden they're not that big of a loss....Sometimes fans make no sense at all..."

It just so happens this guy is a Steeler fan, though, so I'm not surprised...lol

"...My team lost Joey Porter this year. Now that he's gone am I going to say "oh he wasn't that good anyway, or that he's easily replaceable"? No, because I think he still could have put up good numbers in that defense. And now that position is a big question mark....just as the cornerback position is for the Colts. But I'm not going to bash Porter now that he's gone or call him a system linebacker..."

(The reader I'm quoting is tdeck11, so kudos to him.)

Livinginthe past 07-03-2007 12:13 PM

Re: Two thumbs up!

The centre spacing on your post makes it a chore to read (one thumb down)

rbryan 07-03-2007 05:32 PM

I see your point and I'm not going to say good riddance to Joey just because he's gone. I wish we could have found a way to keep him here and retire a Steeler, but theres no way he's worth that kind of $. End of story.

HometownGal 07-03-2007 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 262127)

Geez, Nigel - uncross your eyes and it will be easier to read. :wink02::flap:

rbryan - you took the words right out of my mouth. Good post. :cheers:

Livinginthe past 07-03-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 262155)
Geez, Nigel - uncross your eyes and it will be easier to read. :wink02::flap:

rbryan - you took the words right out of my mouth. Good post. :cheers:

LOL.

I dunno, they weren't like that before I opened this thread :toofunny:

WV-SteelerFan 07-04-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 262127)

OK, :sorry:...I'll post even less (as if that's possible) if that makes you happy...

But still, :sign04:

Livinginthe past 07-04-2007 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV-SteelerFan (Post 262323)
OK, :sorry:...I'll post even less (as if that's possible) if that makes you happy...

Yeah.

Thats what I said.

Post less.

klick81 07-04-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV-SteelerFan (Post 262323)

Nah man. No one said you should post less. Just get rid of that center spacing!

Elvis 07-09-2007 07:14 AM

I for one loved Joey Porter, but this is the business called the NFL. Time has a way of changing things doesnt it? He was kind of starting to slow down a bit, but the man was a beast here in Pittsburgh for us for many years. I will and the Steelers will definitely miss his leadership and energy in the locker room and on the field. I wish him luck except whe he plays the Steelers...:wink02: