Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   USA Today Release Preseason Rankings (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17801)

charlie martel 07-08-2007 03:37 PM

USA Today Release Preseason Rankings

http://usatoday.com/sports/football/...rankings_N.htm

Steelers at 13.

Overall, I think they I think they did a good job although it's premature. Unfortunately, they're correct that the AFC is stacked again and it will be difficult to make the playoffs without taking the division.

SteelCityMan786 07-08-2007 03:40 PM

Re: USA Today Release Preseason Rankings

It's like that EVERY year.

MasterOfPuppets 07-08-2007 04:02 PM

13 is reasonable considering the coaching change,lets face it,noone knows what to ecspect. the one i don't get is the cowpies being so high. there in the same boat as us,WITHOUT having superbowl champs on thier team.

Livinginthe past 07-08-2007 05:03 PM

There isn't really a way to do pre-season rankings without being 'premature', to be honest.

Overall, the rankings aren't too far away from where I would have them.

Crushzilla 07-08-2007 05:16 PM

Sigh... Ya I guess its pretty good except I'll still never understand why the Bengals are so hyped this season

xXTheSteelKingsXx 07-08-2007 05:52 PM

Considering that we had the 15th pick in the draft it seems we moved up in the offseason.

Livinginthe past 07-08-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushzilla (Post 263361)
Sigh... Ya I guess its pretty good except I'll still never understand why the Bengals are so hyped this season

I don't know.

I've seen more outrageous rankings of the 'shadow Colts' - 6th best team in the AFC?

I don't think thats too unfair - Pittsburgh has created a vacuum in the top3 AFC after the 8-8 season and everyone has jumped a slot because of it.

tony hipchest 07-08-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushzilla (Post 263361)

so these rankings take the 12 teams to make the playoffs last year, drops the giants and cheifs, adds the bengals and broncos, and calls it the "top 12"

too bad it is never that simple. recent history says as much. in order to get these rankings right one must be willing to go out on a limb and not rely on last years results or rankings.i dont get the constant bengals love either. bens worst season is something carson and the bungles have accomplished 3 times. while i can see why people would be high on denver, i just dont see it with the bungles or jets. atleast the steelers have a remote shot of winning one of the toughest divisions in the nfl. the jets have no shot. realistically, the absolutely best they can hope for is to be a wild card team.

the steelers and all their sb calibur talent atleast have a shot of winning the division which sould be taken into account when these rankings are set.

nevertheless, the steelers werent expected to do crap and were buried in the pre-season rankings the last 2 times they had the best record in the afc and secured homefield advantage throughout (01, 04). this year just seems like a recurring theme to another afc champ game. i'll take that over missing the playoffs anyday. even the most ignorant bunglesfan would take that.

Newzfoxjr 07-08-2007 10:47 PM

I don't see how the Cowboys are ahead of us and they're two spots ahead of us...They only won one more game than us last season...and I think we're more talented. I think they have us beat at WR, but not RB or QB.

Eh, this doesn't matter. We all know who is going to win the Super Bowl anyway. :P

Preacher 07-09-2007 01:02 AM

Okay...

A couple things.

1. Patriots should be at 2 and colts at 1.

Chargers at 3.

Bengals were tied with the Steelers last year... the coaching change should drop the Steelers down one maybe two places from the Bengals. But 5 spots is ridiculous.

I gotta move Chicago up above the Ravens as well, however, the Ravens deserve to be put that high.

funny thing is... unlike college football, this means nothing. Thank goodness.