Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   best backfield (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17818)

ben2hines=6 07-09-2007 08:02 PM

best backfield

i recently got into a debate on who has the best backfield in the nation this year and now im ready to hear everybodys thoughts, i thought it was pretty clear cut who it was but a friend had a different opinion...u have west virginia, arkansas, and other to chose from if u chose other please state who and why

ben2hines=6 07-09-2007 08:04 PM

Re: best backfield

i think the obvious answer is west virginia with steve slaton, owen schmidt, incoming freshman noel devine and u have to count pat white in as well

SteelCityMan786 07-09-2007 08:09 PM

Don't forget white to.

pittsburghp8baller 07-09-2007 10:57 PM

i think its arkansas. mcfadden is the best back in the nation without a doubt. then felix jones, who finised second in the sec in rushing behind guess who- mcfadden, is almost just as good a running back and is one of the best kick returners in the nation.

xXTheSteelKingsXx 07-10-2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller (Post 263663)
i think its arkansas. mcfadden is the best back in the nation without a doubt. then felix jones, who finised second in the sec in rushing behind guess who- mcfadden, is almost just as good a running back and is one of the best kick returners in the nation.

I have to agree McFadden is probably the front runner for the Heismen this year and Jones isnt too bad either.

ben2hines=6 07-10-2007 07:00 PM

well, i still to this day dont see why mcfadden is held above slaton...slatons ypc last year was 7 while mcfaddens was 5.8 and to nagate all those people who bash the big east and say that slaton is just getting his yards on junk teams the big east went 6-0 last year in the bowl games....and slaton broke the sugar bowl rushing record against which was the number 5 rush defense in the nation in georgia his freshamn year....slaton also doubled mcfaddens recieving yards last year.....now i dont want to sound like im dawging mcfadden because he is an exceptional talent as is jones but with pat whites numbers on top of slatons with 1200yrds and the nations best fullback, and devine comming in as the #3 recruit in the nation at rb its hard to go against the mountees

Godfather 07-10-2007 08:51 PM

Don't forget LSU.

Keiland Williams and Charles Scott are absolute studs. Alley Broussard will be a first-round pick if he recovers from his injuries.

pittsburghp8baller 07-13-2007 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2hines=6 (Post 263838)
well, i still to this day dont see why mcfadden is held above slaton...slatons ypc last year was 7 while mcfaddens was 5.8 and to nagate all those people who bash the big east and say that slaton is just getting his yards on junk teams the big east went 6-0 last year in the bowl games....and slaton broke the sugar bowl rushing record against which was the number 5 rush defense in the nation in georgia his freshamn year....slaton also doubled mcfaddens recieving yards last year.....now i dont want to sound like im dawging mcfadden because he is an exceptional talent as is jones but with pat whites numbers on top of slatons with 1200yrds and the nations best fullback, and devine comming in as the #3 recruit in the nation at rb its hard to go against the mountees

i agree slaton is good but mcfadden is more complete. the offense he is in there is no need for him to catch and there felix jones who is really good out of the backfield. im not saying that he is a system runner but look at the offense they run at WVU, there mcfadden was there he would avg 7 a carry too. mcfadden runs in between the tackles as well as break one deep around the corner. i havent seen much of slaton but i know the offense and the running in between the tackles is prob schmitts' job right? i think there are pretty equal but the fact that you have darren mcfadden, who even lines up at quarterback in their "wildcat" formation just puts arkansas over west virginia. and i think when he is healthy peyton hillis is the best fullback in the nation. its hard to say hes not when you block for two 1,000 yard backs (white and slaton i think both ran for over 1,000 yards but schmitt isnt out there every play.

section514 07-13-2007 10:01 AM

I have to go with WVU as well, they are so fast, how can they be stopped, WVU/PSU in title game? ground vs. the Air attack. I hope so

ben2hines=6 07-13-2007 03:30 PM

Quote:

i agree slaton is good but mcfadden is more complete. the offense he is in there is no need for him to catch and there felix jones who is really good out of the backfield. im not saying that he is a system runner but look at the offense they run at WVU, there mcfadden was there he would avg 7 a carry too. mcfadden runs in between the tackles as well as break one deep around the corner. i havent seen much of slaton but i know the offense and the running in between the tackles is prob schmitts' job right? i think there are pretty equal but the fact that you have darren mcfadden, who even lines up at quarterback in their "wildcat" formation just puts arkansas over west virginia. and i think when he is healthy peyton hillis is the best fullback in the nation. its hard to say hes not when you block for two 1,000 yard backs (white and slaton i think both ran for over 1,000 yards but schmitt isnt out there every play.
all slaton really does is run between the tackles, if u look under youtube and look up steve slaton u can see the highlights of him going between the tackles and then juking the saftey (hense georgia).......but yes mcfadden is indeed a stud and we will all see who comes out with that rb of the year trophy