Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   3 weeks and counting (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17907)

Elvis 07-15-2007 09:43 PM

3 weeks and counting

I dont know about anyone else, but I am getting excited about our preseason opener vs the Saints in 3 weeks.... What do you really look for in the 1st preseason game? I just look to see our draft picks in action for the 1st time and seeing how our secondary O Lineman play. I think that we have gentlemen in our secondary that should be playing very hard in these games to make sure they have a roster spot..
:tt02::tt02::tt02:

The Duke 07-15-2007 09:50 PM

Re: 3 weeks and counting

3 Weeks, hadn't noticed. Time to see Ben in his old form,even though it is preseason I hope he plays well.

xXTheSteelKingsXx 07-15-2007 09:55 PM

Im getting excited that the season is coming but Im really not a fan of preseason games. 5 this year I hope we dont get worn out before the season starts . I think the NFL needs to drop a game in the preseason and only play 3.

Crushzilla 07-15-2007 09:56 PM

I'm also looking to see how the Offensive line does in different combinations. Hopefully we can find a group of 5 that works well together. Faneca and Smith have the left side locked down so we'll have to see about the other spots.

I also want to see how our secondary fairs against one of the most potent passing attacks in the NFL, especially how Ike Taylor does.

Both the starting squads won't see MUCH time, but hopefully it will give Tomlin, and us, something to talk about moving forward.

fansince'76 07-15-2007 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx (Post 265124)
Im getting excited that the season is coming but Im really not a fan of preseason games. 5 this year I hope we dont get worn out before the season starts . I think the NFL needs to drop a game in the preseason and only play 3.

Right now I am so starved for football that I'll gladly take a couple weeks of sloppily-played games mostly between scrubs.

fansince'76 07-15-2007 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushzilla (Post 265125)
I'm also looking to see how the Offensive line does in different combinations. Hopefully we can find a group of 5 that works well together. Faneca and Smith have the left side locked down so we'll have to see about the other spots.

I also want to see how our secondary fairs against one of the most potent passing attacks in the NFL, especially how Ike Taylor does.

Both the starting squads won't see MUCH time, but hopefully it will give Tomlin, and us, something to talk about moving forward.

I wouldn't be too concerned if their offense lights it up - I expect some pretty vanilla schemes on both sides of the ball during preseason, particularly on D - I don't think LeBeau will start throwing the kitchen sink out there until the games start to count.

tony hipchest 07-15-2007 10:46 PM

im looking for 2nd and 3rd stringers to play like they have a shot of winning a starting position, and all players playing like winning is the most important reason to be out there.

even though its pre season, its not practice or a scrimmage.

SteelCityMan786 07-15-2007 11:59 PM

ohhh IIIIIIIIIIIIII GOT A FEELIN! PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO DA SUPER BOWL!

It feels good to finally have some good Football to look forward to.

Preacher 07-16-2007 01:22 AM

You know...

With all the changes this year... coaches, playbooks, different players, etc...

I like the fact that we have 5 games.

Remember, Steelers are a NOTORIOUSLY slow starting team.

If an extra game helps us... well I am all for it.