Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   To tuck or not to tuck... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17992)

Hammer67 07-19-2007 10:02 AM

To tuck or not to tuck...

To tuck or not to tuck, that is the question!

So, just an informal poll. I usually always wear an undershirt whenever I wear a button down shirt or golf style shirt (not with a tee shirt). I never gave much thought to this but what I do is tuck my undershirt into my boxers (or boxer briefs) and then tuck my button down shirt just into my pants. I always thought that this was just the way you did it. For one thing, it keeps the undershirt from bunching up with my regular shirt.

Ok, my sister in law was staying with us this past weekend and noticed that I tucked and was wondering why. She said "No one does that!" and thought that it kind of looked tacky. My response was "Why are you so worried about what I do with my underwear?" and "Who cares what it looks like cause I am the only one who really sees it other then my wife (who doesn't care)."

My view is too each his own. I don't consider it a fashion thing as it is an undergarment that really isn't visible anyway. She couldn't provide a valid reason why you shouldn't other then it looks "tacky." To which I responded "who sees it anyway?"

So, do you tuck in your undershirt? Thoughts?

:coffee:

tony hipchest 07-19-2007 10:15 AM

Re: To tuck or not to tuck...

i dont think it matters. living in the desert, i really hate tucking in shirts and especially hate wearing 2 shirts. if i didnt have to look semi- professional, i would wear nothing but basketball jerseys or t-shirts with the sleves cut off.

im probably the wrong one to ask. i do know tucking a rolled up pair of socks into your underwear is considered uncool. :chuckle:

Cape Cod Steel Head 07-19-2007 10:29 AM

Don't be a slave to fashion! Do whats most comfortable.

Jman 07-19-2007 10:38 AM

I'd say stick with what's comfortable. Personally, whether it's a beater or t, I've never tucked, but hey, to each their own. :)

LarryNJ 07-19-2007 10:49 AM

I tuck my t-shirts into my pants but not my underwear. That's really strange dude! You need to listen to your sister in law.

BTW: Is she hot?

Hammer67 07-19-2007 11:35 AM

Not regular tee shirts?just the undershirt. When I worked in sales, I wore a suit to work. It was, undershirt tucked into boxers to keep it taught, then the button down shirt which was just tucked into the pants, not the boxers. What would be a good reason NOT to do this?

I don't tuck a regular tee shirt if that's all I am wearing?

And, yes, she is hot, not that it matters much. Her and my wife are both attractive. :wink02:

ChronoCross 07-19-2007 11:40 AM

I have never tucked. Heck my country butt you can find walking into a store with my untucked muscle style shirt and shorts with slips. But hey I am a redneck. BTW I do have all my teeth, and there pretty..

Livinginthe past 07-19-2007 11:45 AM

There's only one thing that should be tucked into your underwear...and its not an item of clothing :wink02:

Hammer67 07-19-2007 11:51 AM

Well I hear all of this but I am looking for reasons. I need a reason why you don't tuck other then "Just because!"

:wink02:

What's the practical reason?

And, doesn't an undershirt constitute "underwear"??

Livinginthe past 07-19-2007 11:57 AM

My answer would be that you dont tuck a pullover/jumper/sweater (whatever you guys call it) into your pants.

You would look like a dork.

To be fair, I dont suppose your undergarments are exposed to the general public on that regular a basis so the 'dork' effect is a reduced one compared to the above scenario.

I don't have any scientific reasoning to hand.