Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Well Wishes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I need your thoughts and prayers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=18094)

RoethlisBURGHer 07-23-2007 06:12 PM

I need your thoughts and prayers

Well guys,I just lost my new job today...three weeks and a day into it.

I was working at a company in Cleveland,Monarch Electric Service Company.They repair electric motors for different companies such as Alcoa,Duke Energy,Perry Nuclear Power Plant,David-Bessey Nuclear Power Plant,and other companies in various parts of the United States (a lot of business from PA,New York,Michigan,Indiana,Kentucky,and Ohio.A company I am sure most of you Yinzers know of is Penn Coil...they are a division of Monarch.

I was working as a motor mechanic and I was supposed to be in training,however I got very little training.For most of my first two weeks,I was stuck doing bullshit filler jobs such as steam cleaning,stripping copper,and cleaning oven carts.I was pulled off of learning the mechanic aspects to do this shit.

Well,today I am working on a motor when my foreman comes to me and says he needs to talk to me.Instead of going to his office,he leads me towards the corporate offices.Once I realized where I was heading,a lump began to grow in my throat.I knew what was coming because my foreman was silent and it wasn't time for my review yet.

Then my foreman tells me to have a seat...and he's standing.That solidified it before the VP even said anything.Then it came:

"I'm sorry Tom,but it just isn't going to work out when we move you to second shift.Greggory tells me you haven't picked up the mechanical aspect of it enough and we were going to be moving you new guys to second shift in a few weeks."

I asked him how I was supposed to learn the mechanic aspects of the job when I was always pulled off of learning experiences to do some bullshit job.He told me that didn't matter,that I should have picked up enough to do a motor by myself.

They never even gave me a chance.I was a lame duck this whole time.My Grandpa works for Monarch as a truck driver,and he's the one that mentioned my application to one of the corporate guys.He's on vacation in Kentucky right now...how appropriate they let me go while he's on vacation.

Good news though,I have an interview tomorrow at Sears Automotive to be a automotive technician.I hope it goes well because I need a new job NOW.

I bought a roll away tool box and a tool chest that goes on top of it Friday...took it in and put all my tools in it Saturday...rolled it out and took it home Monday.The two tool boxes are black Craftsman ones...the top chest has a lid that opens up and I have my Steelers magnets on display on the inside of the lid whenever it's opened up.

tony hipchest 07-23-2007 06:27 PM

Re: I need your thoughts and prayers

its obvious you were canned for being a steelersfan. bastards! them clowns couldnt take the smack they would receive 5 days a week. pu$$ies.

stillers4me 07-23-2007 06:47 PM

I'm sorry....my son just lost his job last week, too Jjust one week short of his 90 day probation and full union benefits. I know it's tough, but hang in there.

MACH1 07-23-2007 06:49 PM

Sorry man, been there, done that myself. Anyplace that treats its employees that way, your better off to move along now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 268029)
its obvious you were canned for being a steelersfan. bastards! them clowns couldnt take the smack they would receive 5 days a week. pu$$ies.

Doest that fall under the federal discrimination act. :wink02:

fansince'76 07-23-2007 06:50 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, Roeth. To hell with them - it's their loss, not yours. Good luck on your interview tomorrow! :cheers:

The Duke 07-23-2007 07:02 PM

Good luck in the interview tomorrow, forget about the past, think about the future, you'll get another job.

Preacher 07-23-2007 07:03 PM

I am sorry to hear that as well. That kind of stuff has happened to me before as well...

You know, you were probably a guinea pig from the start. Just hired to get some stuff done.

Black@Gold Forever32 07-23-2007 08:44 PM

Dude that sucks....Best of luck in your interview........

I know I'm starting to get nervous at my job...We usually don't slow production down at my plant until winter....We're arleady slowing down and dropping our production numbers....I have been there long enough to know what comes next.....A major lay-off...................

HometownGal 07-23-2007 08:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, Roeth - it's their loss, not yours. Sometimes, things happen for a reason and that reason can be a blessing in disguise! Keep your chin up, put it behind you and good luck on your interview tomorrow! :cheers: Please let us know how it turns out, OK? :hug:

RoethlisBURGHer 07-23-2007 08:53 PM

Thanks for the support guys.I really wanted the job so I could transfer to Penn Coil and move near The Burgh too.

Now I am focusing on getting a job in the Auto technology field.I might go to school at Ohio Technical College and take thier auto-deisel program so I can get good pay in a diverse field.