Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Art Gallery (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Steeler tattoo?? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=18100)

jtdapit 07-23-2007 10:27 PM

Steeler tattoo??

Im turning 18 in a few months and i would love a steelers tattoo. It would be appreciated if i could get some ideas or tips.

A lot of things won't be there for you all the time. The steelers will, right?

Crushzilla 07-23-2007 10:40 PM

Re: Steeler tattoo??

I'm actually working on mine right now, but it probably won't be until I finish my sleeve.

If you want to go hardcore, I'm looking at going blackwork for mine.

Blackwork is when you tattoo all of the skin except for the design, which remains your skin color. Almost like an inverted tattoo. If you are having trouble imagining it look for some of the work former Rage Against the Machine bassist Tim C. has. He has a lot of it.

It is kind of painful, though, from what I hear. And I can tell you from experience, a whole day of going over one area with a lot of ink is a lot more brutal than doing a thin outline. Feels like road rash that keeps getting scrapped and scrapped. Also very expensive I would imagine (my friend does mine so I get insane deals).

Like I said, just an idea if you want to go hard.

jtdapit 07-23-2007 10:49 PM

Dang. I dont know about that man. It sounds sick and i get the idea, but thats not for me. but that would look really cool

Crushzilla 07-23-2007 10:50 PM

Aye.

I do suppose its a bit intense for a first Tat. My first one's were writing down the backs of my arms.

I'll sleep on it and let you know if I dream up anything sweet.

jtdapit 07-23-2007 10:55 PM

thanks dude

Preacher 07-24-2007 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtdapit (Post 268143)
thanks dude

All I gotta say is...

Think about it for a LONG time. IT will be with you forever, or it will be a LOT of money to remove (and painful).

When you get it done... Because your young, and not sure what your job/career is going to be, make sure you get it in a place that you can cover when you need to look "respectable." I would suggest not the lower arm or just above the elbow, because many jobs will allow you to wear short-sleeve shirts if you don't have a tattoo.

Personally, I got mine on my calf. That way, whenever I have to look at all respectable, I just put on a pair of pants...

Oh yeah... I got a Taz on my calf... and no, it was LONG before Troy played for the Steelers.

rog 07-24-2007 07:25 AM

If your going to get a tattoo of anything make sure you try to put something of yourself into it , whether it's a steeler tat or any kind of tat. It will mean alot more later on. I have quite a few and the ones that mean the most are the ones I did the most thought about. Beware they are addicting and fun.

fansince'76 07-24-2007 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 268161)
Personally, I got mine on my calf. That way, whenever I have to look at all respectable, I just put on a pair of pants...

Do you run around pants-less often, Preacher? :jawdrop: :chuckle:

Jman 07-24-2007 09:16 AM

:point:

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 268231)
Do you run around pants-less often, Preacher? :jawdrop: :chuckle:

jtdapit 07-24-2007 09:58 AM

Yeah im definatley thinking about getting it done on my right shoulder blade. I wanna tie in superbowl XL in the steeler logo cause thats the first one weve won since ive been alive, and then another tat when they win another SB.