Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Steelers Experience (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Ben's a jackass... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=18113)

Hammer67 07-24-2007 12:29 PM

Ben's a jackass...

Got this via the Post Gazette "Blog n Gold":

"He acted like Johnny Big Time at a golf event in Reno."

:shake02:

You know, I am sure most pro athletes and famous people act like prima donnas, but this is a perfect example of someone getting paid way too much, way too young and things going to his head.

I hate hearing stuff like this. He better have a great year and earn this type of attitude.

Buzz05 07-24-2007 12:35 PM

Re: Ben's a jackass...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer67 (Post 268266)
Got this via the Post Gazette "Blog n Gold":

"He acted like Johnny Big Time at a golf event in Reno."

:shake02:

You know, I am sure most pro athletes and famous people act like prima donnas, but this is a perfect example of someone getting paid way too much, way too young and things going to his head.

I hate hearing stuff like this. He better have a great year and earn this type of attitude.

Some how I think he was joking about the golf balls...

Hammer67 07-24-2007 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz05 (Post 268271)

I HIGHLY doubt it based on some of the things I have heard about good old Ben. But that is only hear say. My cousin knows a bunch of the Steelers and worked in hines Ward's bar on the South Side. She has a lot of good stories about different player personalities.

Atlanta Dan 07-24-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz05 (Post 268271)

Unless the reporter heard Ben directly and mischaracterized what Ben said, I doubt the Nike rep would have spouted off to the reporter if he thought Ben was joking.

In no way implying their conduct is comparable, but just as Vick is presumed by many to be guilty because of past thug behavior, the golf balls story is in keeping with Ben's diva rep in and out of the locker room.

Time to grow up.

Buzz05 07-24-2007 12:46 PM

Yeah Ive been to the bar, thats where I met Hines and bought him a shot of his choice. The man loved Jager bombs. But I duno maybe people have different experiences with different people. A friend of mine worked at the movie theater on the South Side that a bunch of players went into. She said he was very nice. But goold Ol Plex was a jackass. Like I said I guess different people experience different things

The Duke 07-24-2007 12:55 PM

If Ben's future is to be a leader for this team he's got to change that attitude.

Preacher 07-24-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

When the Nike rep said he didn't have another box to give him right then and there Thursday morning, Roethlisberger pouted.
"Just get me another box. I can get them," he said. "Don't make me go all the way to the top."
I don't know... Sure isn't the worst thing in the world. And kinda funny how the author made sure we knew he signed a 7 million dollars signing bonus.

He probably did it. It probably wasn't a joke., it is time for Ben to grow up.

But if THAT is the biggest problem we have with him this offseason and training camp...

I say thank goodness. I know a LOT of people who DON'T make 7 million a year that would try to pull the same stuff for a 50 cent candy bar.

Doesn't make it right in the least... but it does show it isn't just about the money.

fansince'76 07-24-2007 01:02 PM

Gee, I hope Goodell doesn't order him not to report to camp over this. :rolleyes:

Hammer67 07-24-2007 01:17 PM

Yeah...it isn't a big deal, but it's crap like that which make me not want to like someone. Not everyone is nice and polite, for sure. But that's part of the problem when you have kids making millions with no perspective.

At least it isn't as bad as the time that Kevin Greene punted a football some kid brought up to him to autograph.
He was "just joking" too, after all.

Jman 07-24-2007 01:27 PM

:hunch: Not sure why Ben would say something like that if he was serious. Perhaps someone here knows Ben personally? Is this something he'd be serious about? I'd think it's a big :nono: