Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Pitt football standout charged with marijuana offense (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=18128)

SteelCityMan786 07-24-2007 10:15 PM

Pitt football standout charged with marijuana offense
 
Welcome to the club of charged Football players Pitt.


http://post-gazette.com/pg/07205/804072-233.stm

Pitt football standout charged with marijuana offense

Tuesday, July 24, 2007
By Paul Zeise, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pitt senior standout defensive end Joe Clermond was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana Saturday night.

Clermond had attended a hip hop show at Mellon Arena and was riding in a car with several others when the car was stopped by police. A small amount of marijuana was found in the car and Clermond, who is from Tampa, along with the others were charged and released on their on recognizance, according to sources.

Clermond is scheduled to have a preliminary hearing July 30th.

"We are aware of the situation that occurred over the weekend involving Joe Clermond," Pitt spokesman E.J. Borghetti said. "At this juncture we will decline comment and let the judicial process run its course."

Clermond was second-team all-Big East last season after leading the conference in tackles for loss with 16.5 and he was also named to the watch lists for the Bronco Nagurski, Chuck Bednarik and Ted Hendricks awards.

ben2hines=6 07-25-2007 06:54 PM

Re: Pitt football standout charged with marijuana offense
 
haha this is great to see as a mountaineer guy

SteelCityMan786 07-25-2007 06:55 PM

Re: Pitt football standout charged with marijuana offense
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2hines=6 (Post 268834)
haha this is great to see as a mountaineer guy

Looks like Pitt fans can shut up about Penn State's off field problems.

Black@Gold Forever32 07-25-2007 07:02 PM

Re: Pitt football standout charged with marijuana offense
 
Yea those former Mountaineers Pac Man Jones and Chris Henry are making West Virginia proud...lol

83-Steelers-43 07-25-2007 07:36 PM

Re: Pitt football standout charged with marijuana offense
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ben2hines=6 (Post 268834)
haha this is great to see as a mountaineer guy

As a PITT guy, it's great to see a Moutaineer football player was also involved....:wink02:

Quote:

Coker, a 21-year-old junior from Ashburn, Va., who was in the passenger seat, was found carrying a small amount of marijuana in his pockets. A small bag of marijuana also was found in the front-seat console.
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_518796.html

Keeping that proud WVU tradition going. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786 07-25-2007 07:46 PM

Re: Pitt football standout charged with marijuana offense
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 (Post 268845)
As a PITT guy, it's great to see a Moutaineer football player was also involved....:wink02:



http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_518796.html

Keeping that proud WVU tradition going. :thumbsup:

Basically all 3 of our major colleges have had a blow in some form. Seems though Penn State has gotten over it. Maybe Pitt will do so.

83-Steelers-43 07-25-2007 07:53 PM

Re: Pitt football standout charged with marijuana offense
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 (Post 268848)
Basically all 3 of our major colleges have had a blow in some form. Seems though Penn State has gotten over it. Maybe Pitt will do so.

Judging that we really don't have a history of arrests, I see no reason why we can't and won't. I would be more concerned if there was more than one PITT player arrested during this incident.

SteelCityMan786 07-25-2007 07:58 PM

Re: Pitt football standout charged with marijuana offense
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 (Post 268851)
Judging that we really don't have a history of arrests, I see no reason why we can't and won't. I would be more concerned if there was more than one PITT player arrested during this incident.

I'm not as worried since charges have been dropped on 4 of the Penn State Football Players. 2 More should be dropped if this keeps up. I'm thinking this was another Duke LaCrosse Scandal set up to piss us all off. It's a case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

83-Steelers-43 07-25-2007 08:00 PM

Re: Pitt football standout charged with marijuana offense
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 (Post 268839)
Yea those former Mountaineers Pac Man Jones and Chris Henry are making West Virginia proud...lol

LOL......I wonder if the Bengals will draft Coker? :wink02:

Eitherway, a few kids caught with reefer in college?!?!?! NEVER!!!!

As I said earlier, if more than one was arrested and our school had a history of arrests, then I would be worried.

SteelCityMan786 07-25-2007 08:12 PM

Re: Pitt football standout charged with marijuana offense
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 (Post 268856)
LOL......I wonder if the Bengals will draft Coker? :wink02:

Eitherway, a few kids caught with reefer in college?!?!?! NEVER!!!!

As I said earlier, if more than one was arrested and our school had a history of arrests, then I would be worried.

Miami(FL) knows what that is like.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum