Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Patriots/Panthers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1813)

hardwork 09-18-2005 08:13 PM

Patriots/Panthers

Patriots had at least a dozen penalties. Four dropped balls. Three turn-overs. No running game. You aren't going to get away with that on the road. Plus, Carolina played hungry. Their QB gambled a lot, and won. I like that in a QB. And they brought their physical game.

Good job Panthers. Not a good job Patriots.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-18-2005 09:29 PM

Re: Patriots/Panthers

Yeah i just watched some clips of the pats post game on Pittsburgh Sports tonite.. brady, belicheck, all of them said they sucked tonite.. the Panthers capitalized on the mistakes and just took the game away.

ironcitychef 09-19-2005 01:48 AM

Gotta admit, hadn't seen Tom B. so frazzled before. Still 35-5 over the last 40.

Ambridge 09-19-2005 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardwork
Patriots had at least a dozen penalties. Four dropped balls. Three turn-overs. No running game. You aren't going to get away with that on the road. Plus, Carolina played hungry. Their QB gambled a lot, and won. I like that in a QB. And they brought their physical game.

Good job Panthers. Not a good job Patriots.

Exactly! That looked like a very physical game by the Panthers.
The Pats might be coming to town a little beat-up. :smile:

Livinginthe past 09-19-2005 01:29 PM

Everything that could go wrong appears to do so..amazing.

I was sure that the Vrabel return for a TD would be the turning point....but yet more terrible offensive pens holding and false starts killed us dead.

Brady looked rattled - maybe he is due a bad game or two..better now than in the post season I suppose.

When you look at the stats Carolina didnt acheive very much - but they had some great field position - a very much patriot-like performance - nothing too flashy - just solid enough to get the job done.

Cheers
NM

hardwork 09-19-2005 02:20 PM

I don't know if rattled is the word when it came to Brady. I hope not. But he was frustrated. They blitzed the shit out of him, and they covered our receivers, from what I could see. If they didn't have our receivers covered, then Brady was throwing to the wrong guy.

You know our offense was staled in the Super Bowl to. We looked a little better against the Raiders, but they don't have a defense. So in the last 3 games, the offense has been staled by 2 teams with good defenses.

Sunday the Steelers will be pinning their ears back and blitzing Brady all afternoon if we don't get the running game going, and don't use more screens, and play action passes.

RoethlisBURGHer 09-19-2005 02:47 PM

Brady will be getting blitzed a lot this Sunday.Also,I think Dillion will get shut down.

The game will be good...if both teams minimize mistakes the game could be close.I still think we can score at least 24 on you guys.

I can't wait for Sunday!

clevestinks 09-19-2005 03:24 PM

I dont look for the Pats to play that way against us. It was very uncharacteristic of a Pats team to play so sloppy. Im sure coach BB will have thier butts ready to play. But we do have a secret weapon, well not so much a secret anymore" Willie Parker"

Ironman 09-19-2005 03:56 PM

I was at the Pats-Panthers game... It was a physical contest and it was hot as 40 hells... so I think the Pats were a little out-muscled. A couple of calls went the Panthers way... overall a bad day for the Pats. They'll be ready to play us.

Suitanim 09-19-2005 04:00 PM

I want nothing but "A" game out of the Pats...that way there can be no excuses. 100% healthy, running on all cylinders, hopefully the refs keep the linen in their pockets and let them play ball...just a straight up mano a mano slugfest and may the more physical, talented team take all.