Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hi Fellow Steeler Fans! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=182)

PittSteelerFanatic 01-18-2005 11:28 AM

Hi Fellow Steeler Fans!

Hi, new to the board. I hope I can bring a fresh perspective and be a valuable member of Steeler Nation.

Am I being too pesimistic, or does anyone else not have a good feeling about Sunday's game against the World Champions?

Go Steelers!

ben-to-hines 01-18-2005 01:38 PM

Re: Hi Fellow Steeler Fans!

Your being too pessimestic! Lets look at the game we beat them in during the regular season. We dominated the line of scrimmage. We can do so again. No Corey Dillon you say? When has Dillon actually hurt us. Or any other other back this year. Our run defense is special! Having dillon will make some difference, but only in the fact that NE will actually try and run the ball. But they will not have the success against US as they had against the Colts. We will still dominate that offense as a result. Now as far as our offense vs their defense, we will be able to run the ball. We ran it down their throats last time and will do so again. We will struggle at times, but keep with it. By doing so, we will impose our will on the defending champs! I see us winning 27-17!

Super_Bowl_Champ 01-18-2005 06:55 PM

I agree... I'm tired of everybody talking smack on Pittsburgh! We never get any respect... how can we be the dogs this week? All of this talk is just going to pump the team up! Peace out New England, you're going home!

SteelersFever 01-18-2005 06:56 PM

Welcome! There are an abundance of great people here to make your membership enjoyable. I think it's an epidemic. ;D

BlitzburghRockCity 01-18-2005 08:41 PM

Nothing wrong with being realistic in thinking that this game will be tough and could go either way.. But have faith, we're a different Steelers team than years past..this could finally be our 1 for the thumb. we've defied the odds all year, with our record, with ben, etc. why not defy them 2 more times this year!!!

ironcitychef 01-19-2005 04:32 AM

I think we are hitting on what makes this board different than the rest. ?We are not afraid to call it like it is. ?Its the playoffs. ?There are no more easy games. ?No San Frans, no Browns, etc. ?So to say you got concerns is fine. ?It doesnt take away from the fact that to bleed Black and Gold is one of the greatest feelings in the world. ?Just have faith and cheer on your team, players, coaches, and owners. ?And read the peoms cause they are good luck.;D

joshfic 01-19-2005 02:01 PM

Hey, I'm also a rookie to this board. But, I've proudly been defending my team on the NFL.com boards. Don't feel guilty for thinking this game will be tough, that's what playoffs are all about. Here's a stat that all the analysts seem to overlook. On Sunday the Patriots had the same team that they will come to Pittsburgh with. Did anyone notice that they came away with two fieldgoals when they had 1st & Goal inside the ten, 2/3 of the time? Their one touchdown from the 1 was a QB sneak. Dillon had a good game against a lousy team, but 85 yards came on 2 carries. This Steeler team (it's more like a family) is a "destined" team. They are what the Patriots used to be, a team that isn't pretty, but finds ways to win on a consisten basis.
Git-R-Done Stillers!!!!!