Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Your Second Favorite Team (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1829)

I.C. Lights 09-20-2005 09:07 PM

Your Second Favorite Team

The Steelers are clearly the best: best team, best, fans, best city, best history, the list goes on. But since there's so many games to watch, I find myself rooting for other teams as long as long as they're not playing us. Do you all have second favorite teams who you root for by default in lieu of the Steelers?

For me it's the JETS

Koopa 09-20-2005 09:30 PM

Re: Your Second Favorite Team

me because i'm from texas i secretly root for the cowboys just because i'm from here and all my family are cowboy fans, i don't know how it goes or if i'm saying it right but i'm cowboys by birth, steelers by choice, i guess that's the way it goes, i will never go for the cowboys when they play the steelers but i cheer for them when they ain't playin each other.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-20-2005 09:33 PM

There is no 2nd team, no 3rd team , or even now 1 1/2 team.. Its the black n gold and thats it for me. Every other team sucks! :rofl:

Suitanim 09-20-2005 09:36 PM

Really don't have any...I find myself cheering for the underdog a lot, also cheering for opponents of hated teams...Rats/Pats/Browns/Boys opponents are usually in favor unless they play each other...if the ignorance level I've recently seen exhibited by the Bungels fans around here persists, I may add them to the list...

Prosdo 09-20-2005 10:25 PM

I can't say I have one either. There is just no other team that gets me that pumped. Especially living in Pittsburgh. The city is extremely passionate about their football team. No room for any other team lol

BB2W 09-20-2005 10:57 PM

I was born and lived much of my life in Michigan so I kinda like all their sports teams. I really love my Pistons, and I kinda follow the Tigers and Lions. I always liked Barry Sanders and I would like to see the Lions in the playoffs. I always root for them on Thanksgiving day, and I started a Madden season with them so.....

I guess it is the Lions. :redface:

TasmanianTroy271 09-20-2005 11:05 PM

The only other team I can really root for would have to be either the Eagles or the Rams, Rams because I like Rams, and they were my team when i got my first football game (Madden '02) and Eagles because they're from Penn. and i like Donovan McNabb's personality.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-20-2005 11:25 PM

Are we talking professional teams here only or college teams too ?

pitt 09-21-2005 01:35 AM

Greenbay Packers because I like Brett Farve. He will be in the Hall Of Fame someday.

Ambridge 09-21-2005 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
There is no 2nd team, no 3rd team , or even now 1 1/2 team.. Its the black n gold and thats it for me. Every other team sucks! :rofl:

:bowdown: :tt:

I couldn't imagine the feeling rooting for another team.... that's almost like cheating on your wife or girlfriend. :grin: