Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bettis and Staley on the mend... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1832)

BlitzburghRockCity 09-20-2005 11:38 PM

Bettis and Staley on the mend...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_376281.html

Jerome Bettis (calf) is doubtful, and backfield mate Duce Staley (knee) questionable for Sunday's game against the Patriots at Heinz Field. Cornerback Bryant McFadden (calf) and special teams ace Sean Morey (hamstring) are also questionable. Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (back), cornerback Chidi Iwuoma (shoulder) and cornerback DeShea Townsend (foot) are probable. Coach Bill Cowher said Bettis is improving. "He has been running, so we'll see how he is." As for Staley, Cowher said, "He is doing fine and should be practicing (today)." Bettis and Staley have been inactive for the first two games, both Steelers wins.

Koopa 09-20-2005 11:46 PM

Re: Bettis and Staley on the mend...

hopefully duce can get in good enough shape and be ready to go for the pats we are going to need him, i like willie and think he should be the starter no matter what but with a game like this you need all the depth you can get. mcfadden will probably have these mysterious injuries all season, cowher is saving him for next year. i hope bettis can stay on the bench as long as he can so he can stay healthy and have fresh legs down the stretch of the season

BlitzburghRockCity 09-21-2005 12:41 AM

I thought Jerome would be the first one back between the 2, but it doesnt look that way..

SteelersWyo 09-21-2005 09:46 AM

You play the hot hand. And in this case it is Parker. He has the chemistry right now ( to go with yards and touchdowns). Sure if Bettis and Staley are healthy get them in the game, but go with what has you winning. If people start to shut Willie down, then change it up. Bettis is getting old, and Staley is in what his 8th year and has always had injury trouble? Willie is the future, along with Ben, Heath, Troy, Randel El, and so on. Lets keep moving!!

Suitanim 09-21-2005 09:50 AM

Duce would be nice...Willie will need spelled from time to time, and I'd much rather have Staley than Verron Haynes in there...

Prosdo 09-21-2005 01:04 PM

I agree Suit. I would prefer to have Staley in there helping Parker. Hopefully he will be come Sunday.

Va_steeler 09-21-2005 01:32 PM

Save Bettis for the later part of the, Keep Parker a starter, and use Staley like we used Bettis last year.
They might try to stop the run but we now have a very good air assult working for us as well.

I.C. Lights 09-21-2005 06:43 PM

I think it would be in Duce's best interest to play. If he can't, he can't...but there are a lot of folks out there who are not as patient with him as you guys are.

Black-n-Gold 09-22-2005 05:19 AM

Once we get Duce or Bettis back to combo up with Willie our run game will complete. Verron is OK, but I'd rather have Duce or Bettis pounding the ball upfield. I believe Duce will see some action come sunday. We'll probably throw alot less this game due to the turnover possibilities, then again we always perfer the run.

ngreene15 09-22-2005 12:22 PM

I'm curious on how the coaches are going to distribute all the carries once there all healthy... It'll be interesting to watch.