Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Cowher: We'll keep the edge (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1833)

BlitzburghRockCity 09-20-2005 11:39 PM

Cowher: We'll keep the edge

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_376281.html

# The Steelers have beaten Tennessee and Houston by an aggregate score of 61-14 and thoroughly dominated each. To that end, Cowher was asked if playing the two-time defending Super Bowl champion Patriots might be good for the Steelers, considering they aren't likely to become complacent. "We'll keep the edge," he said. "Trust me, we'll keep the edge. Whether it's New England or whoever it is, you have to. Not having it is not even an option."

# New England, which enters Sunday's game with a 1-1 record after losing at Carolina last weekend, lost both of its coordinators to head coaching jobs in the offseason. Offensive coordinator Charlie Weis went to Notre Dame and defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel to the Cleveland Browns. How would Cowher react if he lost both of his coordinators? "We lost two last year and went 15-1," he said.

Ambridge 09-21-2005 02:11 AM

Re: Cowher: We'll keep the edge

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_376281.html

How would Cowher react if he lost both of his coordinators? "We lost two last year and went 15-1," he said.

Thank goodness they're gone.
I'd hate to think what our record would have been if Mularkey and Lewis were still around.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-21-2005 07:15 AM

Oh god Tim Lewis !! :yuck: :chair: He used to drive me friggin crazy!

STEELERDYNASTY 09-21-2005 10:27 AM

Yeah Mularkey used to kill me with all his little trick and gadget plays

BlitzburghRockCity 09-21-2005 04:29 PM

We went from one extreme of almost never using trick plays, to the other where every other play was some sort of gadget or take off on a gadget. They did net us alot of yards for awhile, but then teams started to be more aware of them and they kinda just didnt work anymore.. :chair:

Soldier4Steelers 09-21-2005 06:45 PM

my favorite mularkey plays were the pitch to bettis and then watching him throw a dead duck 10 or so yards for a td to tuman bruener or ward. the ward reverse scored twice too.
im glad he is gone tho, leave that crap to the rams, or the xfl.

jerome bettis is passing: 3/6 2 TD 1 INT! belive it or not, he has a better qb rating then tom brady does right now.

SteelProven 09-21-2005 08:52 PM

Cowher's never had a problem preparing his players for regular season gaems it's the playoffs games that he seems to have a problem with. But I do expect the Steelers to come out and try to get a lead early and make the Pats one dimensional.

Steelers 34-13

Big Ben 17/28 267 TDS 2 INT 0

W. Parker 26/148 1 TDS

H. Ward 8/120 1 TD

ARE 4/86

H. Miller 3/37 1 TD

J. Reed 2/2 FG

Defense 4 Scks, 2FF, 1FR, 1INT and 1 TD

SteelersfaninPhilly 09-21-2005 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelProven

H. Miller 3/37 1 TD

If this happens, I will probably pass out, or spit beer all over myself.

SteelProven 09-21-2005 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersfaninPhilly
If this happens, I will probably pass out, or spit beer all over myself.

I just think with first 2 games usually being out of hand by halftime he really hasn't needed to be utilized. But even though I predicted the steelers to score 34 I think it'll be close going into halftime. Watch out Big :cash 's coming :grin:

Koopa 09-21-2005 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelProven
Cowher's never had a problem preparing his players for regular season gaems it's the playoffs games that he seems to have a problem with. But I do expect the Steelers to come out and try to get a lead early and make the Pats one dimensional.

Steelers 34-13

Big Ben 17/28 267 TDS 2 INT 0

W. Parker 26/148 1 TDS

H. Ward 8/120 1 TD

ARE 4/86

H. Miller 3/37 1 TD

J. Reed 2/2 FG

Defense 4 Scks, 2FF, 1FR, 1INT and 1 TD

bold predicitions i love it. lol, but i doubt willie will get 148, i think he'll barely get a 100 or might barely miss getting a hundred. and the offense will have to be on the field a long time to get those attempts you are predicting for willie and ben. it would be great to see heath get invovled in the passing game. i say this is a close game but hopefully your predicted score happens. damn the cable better be up cause i think we getting some of rita here and if the high pressure crap don't move as fast or whatever the weather man said then i'm sol cause it would come at us here. :crying03: