Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fans United (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Michigan Fans! Weekend gatherings... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1836)

Hammer67 09-21-2005 11:08 AM

Michigan Fans! Weekend gatherings...

I just moved to Detroit (Dearborn Heights) in January. I lived on Mt. Washington in Pittsburgh for the past 5 years and grew up in Moon Township. I end up going to a local Buffalo Wild Wings for games not televised and end up alone amongst a bunch of Lions fans.

Are there any great Steeler bars in the area??? IF not, maybe we should start one.

Hammer

bangpow 11-07-2005 08:09 AM

Re: Michigan Fans! Weekend gatherings...

I'm wondering that same thing. I live in Dearborn (Michigan and Outer Dr.), but i watch all the games on DirecTV at home. But as it turns out, most of the Steelers games have been on the local stations anyhow or ESPN.

I don't know if there's a local bar around here that Steeler fans go to. I think there's a couple way out on the East Side, but it's a hike from the part of town that we live in.

My parents are from the Burghettstown/Langloth area, by the way. So, I know exactly where Moon twp is. It's kind of by Robinson Town Center, right?

Lyn 11-07-2005 08:48 AM

Lansing has a few Steeler bars but they are not totally Steeler, not even close, the majority of the customers are Lions fans. We just get together in Matt's (my son) Steeler room and have a huge tailgate, pre, post and during the game. It is fun.

There are a ton of Steeler fans in this state.

SteelCityMan786 11-07-2005 07:06 PM

Hey Michigan Fans How does it feel NOT BEING IN POSITION FOR BIG TEN CHAMPS THIS YEAR! Right Now Penn State All we need to do is Win Against Michigan State and it's ALL OURS! And Of Course We Can Win It with a few catches.

bangpow 11-07-2005 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786
Hey Michigan Fans How does it feel NOT BEING IN POSITION FOR BIG TEN CHAMPS THIS YEAR! Right Now Penn State All we need to do is Win Against Michigan State and it's ALL OURS! And Of Course We Can Win It with a few catches.

That's fine by me, I can't stand Michigan. I'm more of an MSU fan, but unfortunately their coach sucks.

Lyn 11-08-2005 10:40 PM

We are not in a position to win the big ten, however, the PSU/MSU game is a huge rivalry.

MSU is the school that got PSU in the big 10. George Perles former coach of the Steelers under Chuck Noll was coach at MSU and because he knew Papa Joe and also knew PSU was also a land grant school, he (and many others from all schools in the big 10)lobbied for PSU to join the big ten. They got voted in and now MSU and PSU play one another at the end of the season, the winner gets to house the Land Grant Trophy. MSU was the first school to be a land grant school. My bets are on MSU to win that game.

MSU is a basketball school and the football team usually is no good:) Maybe some day we can be both. Until then I am for anyone Michigan plays except when they play MSU.
I hope OSU kicks their butts as usual!~

bangpow 11-09-2005 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyn
My bets are on MSU to win that game.

That team is in turmoil, the Spartans don't have a CHANCE agains PSU.

Lyn 11-10-2005 10:04 AM

Wanna put your money where your mouth is :)

bangpow 11-13-2005 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyn
Wanna put your money where your mouth is :)

Sure, I'm confident MSU will go down in flames.

Hammer67 11-16-2005 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bangpow
Sure, I'm confident MSU will go down in flames.

I'm a PSU grad...I will be watching that game in glorious 57" High Definition in my living room!

Moon Township is near Robinson. It's about a 10 minute drive.

Regarding Steeler bars. I went to one in Chicago while out visiting a friend. THe place was PACKED with Steeler fans and the game was on almost every TV. THey even blasted the Steelers polka after every score and before the game. It was awesome, almost like being back home. I wish we had something like that.

Why not make it official. Anyone know a bar willing to support a Steelers crowd? Usually if you can get enough people every Sunday, they will cater to you.