Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Steelers Experience (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   GOING TO FIRST GAME! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=18383)

ShutDown24 08-02-2007 03:37 PM

GOING TO FIRST GAME!

I am going to my first Steelers game ever on October 7th (week 5) when we play the Seahawks. I didn't think that I would be able to experience a live game until I was out of college for various reasons, but when a friend (season ticket holder) told me that my birthday present this year was going to a Steeler game I went nuts. My excitement for October 7th is so much that it cannot be expressed through any worldly communication. I would gladly sacrifice the weeks and months of my life in between now and then if that day could be tomorrow. The plan is too get dropped of in station square, eat at the hard rock and take the fiery over to the stadium. I am telling my friend every time I talk to him how hyper I am going be when we are there. We better win even more now not just for the fact that it's the whining Seahawks, but because I am going to be in the crowd. I could talk for hours in this post without getting bored about the bursting energy inside me anytime I even begin to think about it, but, I think you get the idea. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Crushzilla 08-02-2007 03:40 PM

Re: GOING TO FIRST GAME!

Being at Heinz Field in person is absolutely amazing.

Can't really explain the feeling, but I won't have to since you'll experience it first hand.

Being in October it shouldn't be too brutal cold. It can get RATHER chilly in there with the open end.

ShutDown24 08-02-2007 03:43 PM

I can only imagine the atmosphere, or maybe I can't is a better way to put it. I have such unbelievably high expectations of the day that I think it would impossible for them to be met. Yet I have a strange feeling that somehow even though they are so high, they won't only be met but exceeded.

Crushzilla 08-02-2007 03:47 PM

When the Steelers hit the field and all the towels are flying that place is an absolute MADHOUSE.

For some reason the guy who does the PA system just gets me excited, he has such a distinct voice. Anyone know his name?

ShutDown24 08-02-2007 04:15 PM

How long before the game starts does the stadium start filling up?

xXTheSteelKingsXx 08-02-2007 09:24 PM

Do you know how good the seats are?

SteelCityMan786 08-02-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx (Post 272018)
Do you know how good the seats are?

You have great views. All around the Stadium.

Enjoy it ShutDown. Being at the game is one of the craziest experiences you'll have in your life. The game is so crazy that even the LED Boards, Matrixboards, and Jumbotron get into the game.

WWIIOwheelz 08-02-2007 11:18 PM

Taking the ferry over is a GREAT idea, also. I do that for every game I see, football and baseball, and it's an experience in and of itself, and honestly fun. Kids love it, too

Preacher 08-03-2007 01:54 AM

Trust me...

I know the feeling...

I am going in November, to my first game.

Dynasty 08-03-2007 02:28 AM

Man, I hope I get to go to a game this season... there's nothin' quite like a Steelers' home game.