Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Who to start? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1844)

SteelR1 09-21-2005 04:42 PM

Who to start?

I got two problems,

First - Big Ben or Tom Brady 1 point for 25 yds, 6 touchdown, and -2 for INT.

Second - I can start two RB's. Willie Parker, Shaun Alexander, Brian Westbrook, and Warreck Dunn. 1 point for 10 yds and the usual after that.. No points for carries..

It's hard for me to separate being biased and looking at Fantasy Points...

Thanks in Advanced,,

tootalltoscore 09-21-2005 04:56 PM

Re: Who to start?

I guess I would have to gamble on Ben as though he will throw for less the receivers are more likely to go for longer runs, Brady is a little riskier so far as Interceptions go.

The RB choice is tougher, I would certainly play Alexander, then I would take a chance on Willie over Westbrook as he is certainly having a breakout year and being confirmed No' 1 can only give him more confidence.

I would say if you are up against me then please play Dunn and Westbrook :rolleyes:

Suitanim 09-22-2005 11:48 AM

Parker and Alexander without a doubt. Parker will get tons of carries against the Pats and their run defense is questionable. Alexander is top 5 caliber and should start every week regardless of competition.

As for Ben, that's trickier, but not much. Look at the 2 scenario's last year. He didn't put up huge numbers in game one (couple hundred passing and 2 TD's), but he was nearly flawless, and those are solid #'s. Brady was only a bit better, just under 300, 2 TD's, 2 INT's, and they passed a lot because they were down early. In game 2, their TD/INT #'s flipped, but Ben DID NOT pass more because they were playing from behind, and we all know he was worn out at that point. So, in 2 games:

Brady 39/85 473 4 TD's, 4 INT's
Ben 32/48 422 4 TD's, 5 INT's

Brady will pass more is probably all you can tell from these #'s. I think you know what do, though...

clevestinks 09-22-2005 02:49 PM

I mnow for sure that I will bench Brady this week. He is going to get his ass kicked!

BlitzburghRockCity 09-22-2005 04:55 PM

I benched him as well this week, brady, so we'll see. Damn I wish I had ben.. but I do have the STEELERS defense in 3 of my leagues :grin:

Suitanim 09-22-2005 05:03 PM

Man, you guys need to step it up and play in an IDP league. THAT makes things really interesting. Of course, defensive players don't account for as many points, but a great game here and there by a Safety or CB can make all the difference. It makes research for drafting harder, but I only play in 2 leagues now because of it.