Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   very interesting ben statistic- y.p.a. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1852)

tony hipchest 09-22-2005 02:51 PM

very interesting ben statistic- y.p.a.

i was looking at different qb's yards per attempt and was shocked. some notables thru week 2:

leftwich 7.5
pennington 7.0
dilfer 8.1
manning 5.8
delhomme 6.4
bledsoe 8.1
brady 7.0
vick 6.4
palmer 8.3
farve 6.1
brees 6.6
warner 6.7
bulger 6.8
collins 7.1
plummer 5.7
mcnabb 8.0
green 8.0

everybody was pretty much in that 6-8 yds per pass ATTEMPT range. no one had more than 9 yds/ att. except for

ben roethlisberger 14.75

he was supposed to be an over rated qb, entering his sophmore slump, without no deep threats, on a running team, with questions at the o-line. im sure if he had a superbowl ring they would call him the 2nd coming of "the blonde bomber". terry bradshaw always said the reason he didnt put up numbers like some of the greats is because their offense always relied on a strong running game and taking shots downfileld (an offense he pretty much ran and called the plays for). if he was in a dink and dunk west coast offense he would have put up the same numbers as a joe montana. terrys comp. % and passer rating cause of this deep ball philosophy but bens numbers seem to thrive by it. sure its only week 3 but these numbers ben has put up go back to last year facing teams like miami, patriots, dallas, eagles, jaguars, ravens, and redskins. pretty good defenses. sure ben was only 9/11 205 yds and 2 td against a subpar team in the titans, but that was pretty much in the 1st half and he was on pace to throw for 400 yds and 4 td's. same with the following game, the coaching staff shut him down in the 3rd qtr. im willing to go out on a limb and say this guy is for real. keep in mind he is 27-1 if you count his last year of college and this is only his 6th year playing quarterback (he was a wr until his sr. year in highschool). he still has alot of up side. while many people say he is only good because of his supporting cast the same is true of every great qb. the interresting thing about this stat is that it says alot about wisenhunt and the game he is calling. definitely old school steeler football. pound the ball down your throat and start dropping bombs. a beautiful thing to see.

Va_steeler 09-22-2005 02:55 PM

Re: very interesting ben statistic- y.p.a.

:sign01: HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!! SHOVE THAT DOWN THE CRITICS THROATS!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 09-22-2005 03:24 PM

I do not see Big Ben going into any type of slump, however, the first game the steelers loose is when you will hear all the critics talking about Bens slump
Although he is undefeated in the regular season
I hear his new nickname is Big Business
GO STEELERS

BB2W 09-22-2005 03:26 PM

Yeah I noticed that too!!! Ben really racks up the yards when he scrambles and his receivers get lost in the secodary.... it makes for some big gains. Ben is the best scrambler/thrower since John Elway. His awareness and feel for the rush in the pocket is second to none.

I remember when we lost Plax a lot of people thought we could not stretch the feild, and that would prevent Ward from getting his usual numbers....

Hines Ward (eight catches, 109 yards, two TDs)--- Typical Hines Ward numbers...

Antwaan Randle El (5-164-1) and Cedrick Wilson (4-102)--- Now that is stretching the feild. :tt:

BlitzburghRockCity 09-22-2005 04:52 PM

Ben has made ALOT of big throws the first 2 weeks of the season so that definately helps..big pass plays and intermediate routes all over the place.

tony hipchest 09-22-2005 05:23 PM

and 50 yard screen plays to fast willie parker. screw that dink and dunk crap. i think tom bradys 1st bomb completed was last year in the playoffs. ben has 4 plays of 40+ yds already. plaxico who? once teams try to take that away we will see what heath miller is all about. dont fret him not being used much so far. his time will come. im starting to worry about losing wisenhunt to a head coaching job in the next few years.

RoethlisBURGHer 09-22-2005 05:55 PM

Ben is the MAN.Just wait...one day we're gonna unleash him on a team and everyone will be like "oh shit...this dude IS for real!".

clevestinks 09-22-2005 06:26 PM

Everyone, when you go to bed tonite, say your prayers, and thank the good Lord for such a well balanced offense.

Koopa 09-22-2005 06:30 PM

i will pray for that later, right now my prayers are gonna go out to my fellow texans that are finna get effected by that ho rita

clevestinks 09-22-2005 06:33 PM

Great call King! Mine was just a little joke.

How far are you from the Gulf?