Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Staley likely to return this sunday (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1862)

BlitzburghRockCity 09-23-2005 12:10 AM

Staley likely to return this sunday

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05266/576455.stm

Duce Staley, who hasn't been in uniform since the last time the Steelers played the New England Patriots, could make his first appearance of the season Sunday at Heinz Field.

Staley has missed the entire preseason and the first two games of the regular season with a torn meniscus, but the ninth-year running back has participated in every practice the past two weeks and might be activated for the Patriots, coach Bill Cowher said.

"He's looked very good," Cowher said yesterday. "It's the second consecutive week he's taken part in every practice, and we'll see where he is at the end of the week."

Staley practiced all last week, too, but he was inactive for the game Sunday in Houston. Even if he dresses against the Patriots, he will serve as a backup to AFC rushing leader Willie Parker and Verron Haynes.

Staley has not appeared in a game for the Steelers since the AFC championship loss to the Patriots, when he carried 10 times for 26 yards

"There's a good chance he'll be able to participate," Cowher said.

Prosdo 09-23-2005 12:11 AM

Re: Staley likely to return this sunday

Good news! I still want Willie as our #1 guy, but I like having Duce avalible as well.

Koopa 09-23-2005 01:54 AM

yup, this is great news, i'm very high on willie, but he hasn't really been tested this season so i'm glad he'll have a very good back up so just in case he gets shut down we have duce to go in and pound the hell out of the ball.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-23-2005 02:21 AM

The more depth we have, the better, and after this week and our bye the next we should have our full stable of RB's at full speed !!

Black-n-Gold 09-23-2005 01:39 PM

This is really good news, Duce pounding at em and Willie's speed will provide one hell of a running game. Hopefully the running game takes off from the start and we can stay away from throwing alot. Put some points on the board and then let the defense finish them off.

Va_steeler 09-23-2005 02:31 PM

Thats cool! Still want the BUS in myself. Willie is turning out to be a great RB, but we need some meat running through the lines sometimes. :hope: Lets keep our fingers crossed. In my opinon, they are saving Bettis for the middle of the season. Beings that Willie is doing so well I bet they are saving him to when the season gets on a good roll.

clevestinks 09-23-2005 03:06 PM

Looking forward to Duce coming back. Now he will just have to wait his turn.

Cape Cod Steel Head 09-23-2005 03:43 PM

I'd use him only one third and short,unless Slick Willie isnt getting the job done,but then again thats not going to happen. And lets hope he stays healthy!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 09-23-2005 04:30 PM

i like Duce comming back. Parker as the starter, mix it up with Duce, and save the Bus until after week 8.
Can you imagine the teams having to deal with a fresh Duce and Bettis in the late 3rd quarter and 4th quarter every week.

Koopa 09-23-2005 04:53 PM

that would be great havin those backs fresh for the stretch, but savin bettis till week 8 is probably to long, he needs to get in game shape and get into a rythm i think.