Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Harrison "Respects" Steeler Fans (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1864)

squirreljr_98 09-23-2005 08:01 AM

Harrison "Respects" Steeler Fans

I think I'm a little miffed....

A little jab from Rodney...

Harrison isn't worried that the communication could be disrupted by the loud Pittsburgh fans.

"They can't throw. They can't catch," Harrison said. "All they can do is yell, scream, swear at you ... They're fans sitting down, drinking beer, eating popcorn and pizza, and you respect that and that's what you like. You like to interact with the fans. You like to see the fans have a good time." :blah:

here's the rest of the story....
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?...C-DT9705204233

WE NEED TO TURN IT UP ON SUNDAY!!

LETS - GO - STEELERS!

Suitanim 09-23-2005 08:31 AM

Re: Harrison "Respects" Steeler Fans

I don't know, I think he might have been talking about all fans in general here..."You like to interact with the fans. You like to see the fans have a good time."

tony hipchest 09-23-2005 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suitanim
I don't know, I think he might have been talking about all fans in general here..."You like to interact with the fans. You like to see the fans have a good time."

maybe he was talking about steeler PLAYERS. bulletin board material????? just kidding. steelers dont need it.

clevestinks 09-23-2005 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirreljr_98
I think I'm a little miffed....

A little jab from Rodney...

Harrison isn't worried that the communication could be disrupted by the loud Pittsburgh fans.

"They can't throw. They can't catch," Harrison said. "All they can do is yell, scream, swear at you ... They're fans sitting down, drinking beer, eating popcorn and pizza, and you respect that and that's what you like. You like to interact with the fans. You like to see the fans have a good time." :blah:

LETS - GO - STEELERS!

\
Who ever it was intended for, he really should watch what he says. Poor bastard is going down this weekend

RoethlisBURGHer 09-23-2005 02:27 PM

I can't stand Harrison.He's a dirty player,and he's a bastard.I hope Hines Ward runs him the f over!

Koopa 09-23-2005 02:48 PM

that would be tight, seeing hines blow the shit out of him while springin willie loose for a 50 yard touchdown.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-23-2005 04:04 PM

Harrison has always been one to shoot his mouth off, so it doesnt surprise me. Its probably directed towards fans in general but because he's playing us this week, well, :chair:

The Heinz Field faithful need to crank it up beyond belief. Last year they were wild the whole time, and we'll need that again. the 12th man can be a huge difference maker.

Livinginthe past 09-23-2005 05:48 PM

Holy moly!

You Steelers fans are PUMPED!

Harrison is not saying anything even remotely controversial here - he is saying yes the crowd is loud - but they aren't physically in the ball game - so they have to do their best to block them out.

Whatever way he tries to spin it - its certainly easier to communicate when youre playing at home - its the sort of weird non-story I expect leading upto a Superbowl...not a week3 game.

Cheers

NM

tony hipchest 09-23-2005 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Holy moly!

You Steelers fans are PUMPED!

Harrison is not saying anything even remotely controversial here - he is saying yes the crowd is loud - but they aren't physically in the ball game - so they have to do their best to block them out.

Whatever way he tries to spin it - its certainly easier to communicate when youre playing at home - its the sort of weird non-story I expect leading upto a Superbowl...not a week3 game.

Cheers

NM

but arent these the same types of comments belichick likes to pick out and place up as bulliten board material while crying "disrespect"? it dont matter anyways. none of these players or their fans need anything extra to get pumped up for this game and yes harrisons comments were innocent. it does take me back to last year though when f. mitchels comments took the media by storm for a week while t. law dissing the eagles got no play whatsoever.

slashsteel 09-23-2005 06:47 PM

We are pumped up for every game win or lose. Don't think that any of our fan sites are whining about anything. We are eager to watch the game and of course win it. Don't read into anything more than this. Trying to get under peoples skin ? ? Or is it you are just incapable of any meaningful debates ? ? Plenty of bark but no substance, let me guess you are under 20? :)