Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   And so it Begins... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1869)

Suitanim 09-23-2005 03:22 PM

And so it Begins...

Media already starting to apologize for a possible loss?

"Defensive backs' injuries pile up for Patriots"
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4896960

Cape Cod Steel Head 09-23-2005 03:26 PM

Re: And so it Begins...

Thats just B.B. doing his usual song and dance.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 09-23-2005 03:37 PM

I hope Ben throws for 400plus yards

Koopa 09-23-2005 03:44 PM

i do to, them fools trying to downplay us being a passing threat:

"FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - New England could be fortunate that the Pittsburgh Steelers are a running team. The Patriots already are low on healthy defensive backs for their game Sunday."

bah on them fools that don't think we can't air it out, i hope we take advantage of them nothing havin much depth there and just pick them apart through the air.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-23-2005 04:19 PM

Last year they cried foul becuz they didnt have corey dillon and this player and that player..now this year its injuries.. We shall see.. u win as a team and lose as a team..Period, no matter what group of guys you field. If you dont have depth, u dont have shiat!

clevestinks 09-23-2005 04:37 PM

Would it be better if they game was close?

Do we want to chance being over confident in the post season, if we were to play them again?

It may not mean a thing, I was just curous to see what everyone else thought.

SteelProven 09-23-2005 04:42 PM

They got praised last year when they had second tier players in the secondary. Now all of a sudden they don't have this or that player. I think they put things out there so they can have a excuse to lose. I can say one thing I hope the Pats make the playoffs so we can knock them off and erase so of the misery we've been living with the past 5 years.

Black-n-Gold 09-23-2005 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKoopa
i do to, them fools trying to downplay us being a passing threat:

"FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - New England could be fortunate that the Pittsburgh Steelers are a running team. The Patriots already are low on healthy defensive backs for their game Sunday."

bah on them fools that don't think we can't air it out, i hope we take advantage of them nothing havin much depth there and just pick them apart through the air.

The funny thing is that Pittsburgh was carried by their second string last year due to injuries and still made it to where they did. Instead of making excuses for possible future losses, the Steelers stepped up and took care of business. One part of a good team is having good back up players, hence why the Steelers were winning alot of their preseason games. If you rely too much on certian players, it's only a matter of time before they get injured.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-23-2005 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
Would it be better if they game was close?

Do we want to chance being over confident in the post season, if we were to play them again?

It may not mean a thing, I was just curous to see what everyone else thought.

I say a win is a win is a win... we already know they are tough..we already know we completely dismantled them in october last year, and still ended up on the wrong side of the win column in the playoffs.

If we dont know by now that the Pats are tough and beating them soundly doesnt guarantee anything in the postseason, then there is definately something wrong.

I.C. Lights 09-23-2005 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black-n-Gold
One part of a good team is having good back up players, hence why the Steelers were winning alot of their preseason games. If you rely too much on certian players, it's only a matter of time before they get injured.

Exactly. And another part of being a good team is having players who are conditioned as such to prevent injuries. Granted, there are always certain impact injuries that you can do nothing to prevent, but the right conditioning and flexibility can really minimize injuries other, more common injuries - and that's just as much a part of the game as anything else.

I sometimes find myself using the injury excuse, but I am getting better about stopping myself and realizing how ridiculous it really is the more I realize how nobody can take being healthy for granted.

Waterboy! Woo hoo! :getdown: