Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Training Camp (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Timmons returns to practice (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=18755)

83-Steelers-43 08-13-2007 05:19 PM

Timmons returns to practice

Steelers' Timmons returns to practice
Monday, August 13, 2007

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Rookie linebacker Lawrence Timmons, the Steelers' first-round draft pick, practiced this afternoon for the first time since he injured his groin in the the first week of training camp.

Timmons had missed every practice since July 27, as well as the Steelers' first two preseason games.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07225/809173-66.stm

Preacher 08-13-2007 05:25 PM

Re: Timmons returns to practice

Great now he will show how much of a bust he really is.

:rolleyes:

you all know, if he doesn't outperform everyone, people will call him that now. what a joke.

pittsburghp8baller 08-13-2007 05:26 PM

great timing. hopefully he shows enough to play this weekend against the redskins. the game i will be at!

but if he dont play thats fine im jus glad to hear he is finally practicing

Black@Gold Forever32 08-13-2007 05:27 PM

Holy crap.........Timmons is practicing......Plus did he actually make it through a whole practice without hurting his groin? Hopefully he remains healthy the rest of the way....I like what both Woodley and Timmons can bring to this defense down the road....

The Duke 08-13-2007 05:27 PM

Great news

83-Steelers-43 08-13-2007 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 278467)
Great news

Amen to that. One step at a time with this kid. At least he's back in camp. That's the first big step.

IMO, if he's completely healthy and the doc's give him the green light, let him loose and let's see what he can do. Get him some NFL playing time.

If he's not, obviously you don't play him.

Atlanta Dan 08-13-2007 06:41 PM

Need to take it easy - work him gradually through practices and maybe get him some game experience for the last 2 exhibition games - I am afraid if he injures the groin again in training camp by forcing the matter he effectively blows out his 2007 season.

Preacher 08-13-2007 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 278489)
Need to take it easy - work him gradually through practices and maybe get him some game experience for the last 2 exhibition games - I am afraid if he injures the groin again in training camp by forcing the matter he effectively blows out his 2007 season.

yep..

Funny thing, I also agree with 83. he needs some playing time in the preseason... but your right, another groin injury will really hurt his year.

So what happens? Well, we'll see!! I hope this kid just explodes onto the seen though!

xXTheSteelKingsXx 08-13-2007 07:27 PM

Just hope that he hasnt been pressured to come back too early and screw up his groin again.

43Hitman 08-13-2007 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXTheSteelKingsXx (Post 278502)
Just hope that he hasnt been pressured to come back too early and screw up his groin again.

That's exactly what scares me most, Timmons seeing the early success of Woodley and pushing the envolope to early. Thus re-injuring himself to the point of missing the entire season or worse yet ending up with a career long nagging injury.

I really, really hope that all this was considered before he steps on the field.

I guess I am a little bit paranoid, but the Steelers don't have too many seasons where they get a moderatly high pick in the draft. When they get them they need to make them count.