Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   do the pats remind anyone of the l.a. lakers.... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1883)

tony hipchest 09-24-2005 12:30 PM

do the pats remind anyone of the l.a. lakers....

after their 3 peat a few years back? they seem to have a flip the switch mentality based on past success. theres no way they can lose tomorrow because they havent lost 2 straight since 2002. losing bruschi and johnson (shaq) dont matter cause they still have t. brady(kobe bryant). losing weiss and crennel (phil jackson) dont matter cause they are the patriots and the system is already in place. losing regular season games dont matter because they have beat or will beat all of the teams they may lose to in the playoffs. thats what they do, they are the patriots. its natural for a team like the patriots to have all the confidence in the world but when you rely on the past to get you through next weeks games i think you lose some fire and it can be a downfall. the proof of this is how they played last week against the panthers. theyre not hungry, they just expect their dessert after a big fat meal.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-24-2005 01:36 PM

Re: do the pats remind anyone of the l.a. lakers....

When the pats win as many championships as the Lakers have, then maybe they can be compared to them :rofl:

I.C. Lights 09-24-2005 02:34 PM

As much as I despise the Pats, I think they have a lot more class than the lakers - if not championships.

clevestinks 09-24-2005 02:43 PM

All good comparisons, except we will win it this year, so there will be NO three peat. Talk to me three years from now when we are talking three peat.

I.C. Lights 09-24-2005 02:57 PM

:iagree: :toast:

tony hipchest 09-24-2005 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
All good comparisons, except we will win it this year, so there will be NO three peat. Talk to me three years from now when we are talking three peat.

i think the pats wont 3 peat for the same reasons the lakers didnt 4 peat. they seem to be taking too many things for granted. in no way am i comparing their success. i am comparing their inevitable fall from grace. hopefully we see the 1st chapter tomorrow. if they keep relying on the post season they may over look the regular season and hopefully miss the playoffs all together. belicheck may become disgusted and pull a parcells and quit. :grin:

RoethlisBURGHer 09-24-2005 03:26 PM

Quote:

I'll drink that Kool-Aide. :drink: :sign01: :sign08:

SteelCityMan786 09-24-2005 07:30 PM

The Patriots remind me of the Lakers after they won there 3rd. The same team who will go down and break in to peaces

Koopa 09-24-2005 08:37 PM

Quote:

there will be no threepeat regardless of who wins the championship, their reign on the top is over now it's the black and golds time to shine

slashsteel 09-24-2005 08:53 PM

Koopa who made your animated banner? I love it!

Quote:

As much as I despise the Pats, I think they have a lot more class than the lakers - if not championships
Yeah it is just a shame we can't say the same for their fans. :)