Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Paper Tigers... (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1890)

Suitanim 09-24-2005 08:56 PM

Paper Tigers...

Quite a few exposed this week:

Louisville
Georgia Tech
Michigan
Purdue

Ohio State absolutely dismantled Iowa (The gave up fumbles twice inside the 10, so it should have been a lot worse than 31-6), so Iowa could qualify for this list as well, but I'm still not sure how good OSU is yet.

sisitki 09-24-2005 11:10 PM

Re: Paper Tigers...

I think OSU is awesome this year. They really impressed me in the Texas game. I know they lost but if Troy Smith would have played the whole game, I think they would have won. Their linebackers are amazing.

I think you can add Minnesota to your list in a few weeks. They might have beat Purdue but they're going down soon. Probably next week against PSU.

If I had to predict, OSU will take the Big Ten this year. They'll knock off the Wolverines in the Big House again.

Suitanim 09-24-2005 11:39 PM

As an OSU fan, I have found myself thinking more and more that we should have won that game...I'm not alone, either. If you listen to the commentators and prognasticators, they almost make it sound like we DID win...perhaps we did?

It may have been the wake-up call the Bucks needed...only problem is, if TX wins out (and they are definitely good enough to do so) and OSU wins the rest, a VERY likely undefeated USC stands between a rematch. A yard here or there, a kick a few feet closer, a catch that bounced off normally good hands...Hell, it can drive you crazy after awhile.

sisitki 09-25-2005 12:02 AM

Well, I'm a PSU guy so I hope you end up with more than two losses anyway. However, it's more likely that Hawk is going to kill MRob and bring in the Morelli era sooner than Paterno intended.

I somewhat follow OSU because I'm friends with a couple of Buckeyes and I live in MI. It's very entertaining to see how deperessed everyone gets up here if they lose to OSU.

TX is tough but they'll lose. They are over rated and Mack Brown always chokes. They'll lose to A&M. Would you beat them in the BCS polls if each have 1 loss? Who knows?

BlitzburghRockCity 09-25-2005 12:44 AM

the yellow jackets kinda suprised me at how they played as well... not good !!

sisitki 09-26-2005 10:28 PM

Didn't see that game. It will be interesting to see if VA Tech is that good or GA Tech is that bad. Probably a little of both but the Hokie D looked pretty good when I watched them earlier in the year. The stat line showed a couple scores by the D. When the D and special teams are scoring, the game can get away from you pretty quickly.