Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Star Wars duo 'least convincing' (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=18948)

SteelersMongol 08-19-2007 09:44 PM

Star Wars duo 'least convincing'

Star Wars couple Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen have been voted as having the least plausible on-screen chemistry by film fans.

The pair beat Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez for their performance in Gigli into second place, which was made when they were a real life couple.

Former duo Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman also made the list with Eyes Wide Shut.

British pairing Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom were thought "too stiff upper lip" in Pirates of the Caribbean.

The 3,000 movie-goers who were surveyed for Pearl and Dean said their screen relationship was punctuated with too much old-fashioned romance and "not enough lust".

Quote:

LEAST CONVINCING SCREEN PARTNERSHIPS
1 Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen - Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones
2 Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez - Gigli
3 Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom - Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy
4 Madonna and Adriano Giannini - Swept Away
5 Catherine Zeta Jones and Sir Sean Connery - Entrapment
Catherine Zeta Jones and Sir Sean Connery's performance opposite one another in 1999's Entrapment landed in fifth place.

There was a 39-year age difference between the couple.

Affleck landed inside the top 10 for a second time, with his chemistry with Kate Beckinsale in Pearl Harbor failing to convince audiences.

Hugh Grant and Andie MacDowell's relationship in romantic comedy Four Weddings and A Funeral finished sixth in the list.

The gay romance between Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal in Brokeback Mountain was more convincing, with only 5% of respondents saying it failed to win them over.

Madonna also featured highly in the poll, with her dramatic relationship with Italian actor Adriano Giannini in Swept Away not managing to draw in viewers.

The pop star made the 2002 film with director husband Guy Richie, with the release proving to be a box office flop.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6953790.stm

SteelersMongol 08-19-2007 09:52 PM

Re: Star Wars duo 'least convincing'

Quote:

Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom screen relationship was punctuated with too much old-fashioned romance and "not enough lust".
:toofunny:

Quote:

The gay romance between Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal in Brokeback Mountain was more convincing, with only 5% of respondents saying it failed to win them over.
Got to be sh*tt*ng me. :ouch: :screwy: :yuck: Hollywood! We've got problem.

TackleMeBen 08-19-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelersMongol (Post 281264)
Star Wars couple Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen have been voted as having the least plausible on-screen chemistry by film fans.

what?? i loved star wars II and III, in fact i have decided if i have another son i am going to name him anakin skywalker.....

and what is wrong with good old fashion romance... sex is overrated anyway .

83-Steelers-43 08-19-2007 10:32 PM

Quote:

Got to be sh*tt*ng me. Hollywood! We've got problem.
We need some on-screen romance between Keira Knightley and Natalie Portman. Ohhh yeah. :wink02::banana:

Preacher 08-19-2007 11:24 PM

Quote:

British pairing Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom were thought "too stiff upper lip" in Pirates of the Caribbean.

The 3,000 movie-goers who were surveyed for Pearl and Dean said their screen relationship was punctuated with too much old-fashioned romance and "not enough lust".
What was that divorce rate in America?

Hmmmmm....

Coincidence?

HometownGal 08-20-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TackleMeBen (Post 281281)
what?? i loved star wars II and III, in fact i have decided if i have another son i am going to name him anakin skywalker.....

Hmmm - guess you won't be naming a new son anakin skywalker. :flap::flap:

Hammer67 08-20-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Says you!!! :flap:

SteelCityMan786 08-20-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Never thought I'd hear that last line come from you.

TackleMeBen 08-20-2007 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HometownGal (Post 281407)
Hmmm - guess you won't be naming a new son anakin skywalker. :flap::flap:

i will be if i get my man :thumbsup::thumbsup:
then sex wouldnt be overrated it would be just right..lol:wink02:

TackleMeBen 08-20-2007 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 (Post 281457)
Never thought I'd hear that last line come from you.

well a lady likes a little romance along with her sex... all i am saying is that its not all about sex.