Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Pirates (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Pirates? Really? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=18971)

Crushzilla 08-21-2007 12:10 AM

Pirates? Really?
 
As the Pirates work on closing up another come-from-behind victory, I have to wonder...

Isn't it a little early in the season to make that solid close that gives us all hope going into next year?

Shouldn't they be waiting another few weeks? :hunch:

iloveben7 08-21-2007 12:18 AM

Re: Pirates? Really?
 
YAY the Pirates won!!

83-Steelers-43 08-21-2007 11:22 AM

Re: Pirates? Really?
 
I guess they figure now that they are completely irrelevant in this city and in MLB, they might as well get an earlier start this season. Give something to the Pirates PR group to pimp early this season.

Can't wait to see the closing out commercial for this season involving hopes and dreams for next season. Same old, same old. Year after year. :yawn:

Edman 08-21-2007 02:07 PM

Re: Pirates? Really?
 
*Sarcasm On*
We're about to turn the corner! :thumbsup:

Jeremy 08-26-2007 08:53 AM

Re: Pirates? Really?
 
The Nuttings are cleaning house this off season. This rumor floated down to me from someone I consider to be very reliable. After Kevin McC cleans out his office, Littlefield, Tracy and his staff, the medical staff, etc are all about to shown the door. The Nuttings are looking for a fresh face to come in and start from scratch. Now that might not mean a total roster overhaul, but it could mean the end of Jack Wilson and some of the other vets.

83-Steelers-43 08-26-2007 09:02 AM

Re: Pirates? Really?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edman (Post 281889)
We're about to turn the corner! :thumbsup:

That's the all-time classic B.S. they pour on us during this time of year. Scary part...some still buy it. Although I am anxious to see how many season ticket packages are dropped after another season of false hopes and pathetically played baseball has ended.

Jeremy 08-26-2007 09:31 AM

Re: Pirates? Really?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 (Post 283382)
That's the all-time classic B.S. they pour on us during this time of year. Scary part...some still buy it. Although I am anxious to see how many season ticket packages are dropped after another season of false hopes and pathetically played baseball has ended.

You mean after Littlefield and Tracy have been tossed out with the trash?

83-Steelers-43 08-26-2007 09:32 AM

Re: Pirates? Really?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 283390)
You mean after Littlefield and Tracy have been tossed out with the trash?

Yeah, and while we still have an owner who will not throw some cash around or draft the best player available because he doesn't want to pay him. Yeah, that's what I'm anxious to see.

.500 next year!!!!! Here we come!!!! :sofunny:

Jeremy 08-26-2007 09:35 AM

Re: Pirates? Really?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 (Post 283391)
Yeah, and while we still have an owner who will not throw some cash around or draft the best player available because he doesn't want to pay them. Yeah, that's what I'm anxious to see.

.500 next year!!!!! Here we come!!!! :sofunny:

Uh, the Nuttings didn't pull the trigger on the draft pick. That was McC and his boys.

Like I said, don't be surprised when the whole staff gets canned and Nutting throwns around some serious cash.

X-Terminator 08-26-2007 09:42 AM

Re: Pirates? Really?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy (Post 283393)
Uh, the Nuttings didn't pull the trigger on the draft pick. That was McC and his boys.

Like I said, don't be surprised when the whole staff gets canned and Nutting throwns around some serious cash.

Classic case of "I'll believe it when I see it." The draft pick may not have been Nutting's baby, but he's still the one carrying the wallet and hoarding money like Midas hoarded gold. I personally will be shocked if he spends $1 more on payroll than he did this season. That might break him and prevent him from buying more ski resorts, you see.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum