Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Call a darn timeout (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1900)

SteelCurtain 09-25-2005 06:51 PM

Call a darn timeout

Why the heck did they not call a timeout before the last field goal when there was 40 seconds left on the clock...that was so stupid, Vinatieri hardly ever misses you have to take the fact that he's gonna make it and give yourself some time to take a couple shots down the field

Rush58 09-25-2005 06:55 PM

Re: Call a darn timeout

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCurtain
Why the heck did they not call a timeout before the last field goal when there was 40 seconds left on the clock...that was so stupid, Vinatieri hardly ever misses you have to take the fact that he's gonna make it and give yourself some time to take a couple shots down the field

Our coach lacks the brain for such a strategy.

docsteel 09-25-2005 06:57 PM

why the hell id randle el such a dumb ass?

SteelCurtain 09-25-2005 06:59 PM

those have got to be two of the dumbest decisions i've ever seen

Koopa 09-25-2005 07:12 PM

yup, another big game and another all out choke for cowher on the play calling, i don't know why i'm surprised

slashsteel 09-25-2005 08:34 PM

Just another example of a bad play call or lack of a call in this instance.

In all aspects of the team we beat ourselves. Coaching def included........

The JoKeR 09-25-2005 09:27 PM

wasn't it only third down when they sent the kicking unit out? We had one timeout....if we used it, they would've just run the ball one more time and then kicked the field goal....Maybe...just MAYBE, cowher thought of that and figured why call one ? :rolleyes:

Koopa 09-25-2005 09:30 PM

well if he called maybe the didn't pick up the first down and they couldn't set up in time for the kick or maybe our defense steps up and forces a fumble and we run it back for the touchdowns, a lot of things could've happened.

SteelCurtain 09-26-2005 08:16 AM

if you have it use it, don't waste it...

RichmondVA 09-26-2005 09:14 AM

On first down 57 seconds left in the game, the patriots run up the middle for no gain to the 31. The clock is running and we freaking call a timeout with 50 seconds left with no direct control over the ability to stop the clock with only one more time out remaining.

Yes, let's stop the game give Brady some time to rest and call a play without the clock moving. Next play - 6 more yards to set up a 43 yarder in lieu of a 49 yarder! Brilliant!

On second down with a running clock, the Patriots most likely run another "safe" play with about 25 seconds left on the clock with full intentions of spiking the ball on third down. He probably still makes the kick, but 6 more yards is still 6 more yards. I'm so peed at Cohwer right now that this post probably only makes sense to me.