Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Steelers secondary is a cause for concern (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1903)

Rush58 09-25-2005 07:07 PM

Steelers secondary is a cause for concern

If we don't get pressure with our blitz packages, we are average at best in our pass coverage. I hope I am not the only who sees this. This problem is a major concern with a qb like Brady or Manning.

Koopa 09-25-2005 07:09 PM

Re: Steelers secondary is a cause for concern

yup, very scary, manning has been fallin off this year but it's early hopefully he ain't on a row by the time we play them or it's gonna be a long ass game for our secondary

SteelZeal 09-25-2005 07:32 PM

A lot of the time I think it's the way they're coached. The Pats throw so many crossing patterns and outs against us; we have to be able to take a chance once in a while and try to jump the route. But it never happens.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 09-25-2005 07:35 PM

we need a big time corner back there
hopefully McFadden will turn into something in the future

figg 09-25-2005 07:38 PM

I dont blame the secondary as much as the pass rush.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 09-25-2005 07:40 PM

The secondary has to stop the big plays with under 2 minutes left
it was a horrible defense all together

figg 09-25-2005 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE
The secondary has to stop the big plays with under 2 minutes left
it was a horrible defense all together

The big plays were to a RB and a FB.

steelparrot 09-25-2005 08:04 PM

i think someones name that needs to be brought up is farriors. There were so many plays were farrior would drop back to the middle of the field and a reciever would be wide up in the middle of the field for a 15 yard gain. I think are corners are playing a lot better then in the past, though there still is room for improvment.

Rush58 09-25-2005 08:09 PM

If it wasn't for a couple of lucky turnovers, the Patriots would have scored 2 more times against our secondary.

Black-n-Gold 09-25-2005 08:42 PM

The secondary is always a problem for the Steelers. Mostly because they tend to blitz alot, leaving more one on one. Problem this game is that they kept blitzing, but didn't get at Brady. When that happens the Patriots will take advantage of it, and the strategy needs to change. They should have blitz Troy a few times, having him after the QB would have rushed him to throw. He had too much time to throw and just came up big alot of times. Don't forget that this is the Patriots though, these are the guys to beat at the moment. The Colts barely beat Cleveland, so we'll see what they can do against us in a few weeks.