Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Jerk says Big Ben is Overrated (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19035)

MichaelAngelo 08-23-2007 08:03 PM

Jerk says Big Ben is Overrated

Not surprisingly his website is blacksportsonline.. can we say reverse racism?

[youtube]dpD_au-D2_w[/youtube]

The Duke 08-23-2007 08:20 PM

Re: Jerk says Big Ben is Overrated

I just can't wait for Ben to shut up this morons this season.

fansince'76 08-23-2007 08:30 PM

According to whom? Peter King ranked Ben 17th in the NFL. Not low enough? :rolleyes:

Elvis 08-23-2007 08:36 PM

Ok guys/gals... I love Big Ben and what he has done for our team, but as a passer he is not Dan Marino or Joe Montana. I honestly think that if the Steelers get away from the running game then as a team the Steelers are gonna struggle. Ben has kind of struggled when the pressure was all on him. I hope that Ben proves me wrong, but with the rememberance of Tommy Maddox and Co. still scares me. Alot of Bens' success is gonna hinge on our O Line's success this season.
:tt02:

FastWillieParker39 08-23-2007 08:58 PM

LOL! Ben has one off year and suddenly he's overrated? Screw everyone who doubts Ben!

X-Terminator 08-23-2007 09:15 PM

I didn't bother watching that video - it's one person's uneducated opinion that I have no interest in hearing. However, it isn't wrong nor is it unwise to take a wait and see approach with Ben, because let's face it - he has to prove that last season was a fluke due to his multiple injuries. He's going to have his detractors as a result, both within and outside of our fan base, and it's up to him to silence them.

And for those who are afraid of Ben passing the ball more and having more control over the offense, keep two things in mind:

1. When he was asked to throw the ball more in the 2005 playoffs, on the biggest stage of them all and with everything on the line, he excelled. So it isn't like he doesn't have a track record of success when the ball is put in his hands. Without his passing game, chances are the Steelers do not make it to SB XL.

2. This year's offense has been streamlined and revised to utilize Ben's strengths, which should translate into better numbers overall.

All that's left now is to see how it all plays out. Personally, I think Ben will have a solid season and hopefully shut everyone up once and for all.

steelersfanmx 08-23-2007 09:41 PM

Well, Ben is not Tommy Maddox, and I think he'll be fine, but as someone said before,
the OL has to protect him eficiently in order to Ben can do his job...

Preacher 08-23-2007 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo (Post 282689)
Not surprisingly his website is blacksportsonline.. can we say reverse racism?

I would have to say no. EVery other player that he listed was black. This is just his opinion... which shows he is not racist, just blind!!

CantStop85 08-23-2007 10:02 PM

I don't think it's possible for Ben to be overrated at this point.

fansince'76 08-23-2007 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantStop85 (Post 282740)
I don't think it's possible for Ben to be overrated at this point.

I have to agree - about all I ever hear outside of Steelers fans (and including a pretty good number of those as well) is that "he sucks." I'd like to know exactly who is overrating him.