Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Locker Room (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Real sports on HBO (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19074)

I-Want-Troy's-Hair 08-25-2007 10:43 AM

Real sports on HBO

If you get a chance to watch Real Sports on HBO it's a good one. Interview with Pacman Jones who of course is innocent of all the altercations he's been involved in the past 3 years. According to Pacman the only thing that is true is the guy he punch with his fist not a pool Q as reported. Personally I thought he was a pathetic liar.

They did a segment on dog fighting it was very graphic and it turned my stomach. They interviewed a guy who's dog was stolen from his yard as used as "bait" to teach pits how to kill. They first shattered the puppies hip so she couldn't defend herself and make her easy bait. They owner found his dog as she was trying to make her way home bloodied. They take these pets and mos of the time they tape the dogs mouth closed with duck tape so they are not able to defend themselves when their tossed in the pit for practice that dog wasn't so lucky and it was killed and found with the tape still on its muzzle.

The last segment was an interview with Javon Walker and the murder of Darrent Williams. My heart went out to Walker what a waste.

83-Steelers-43 08-26-2007 08:27 AM

Re: Real sports on HBO

I watched the show ondemand and the Pacman interview was comical. I'm not a Bryant Gumbel fan to begin with so I never watch the show, but I was interested to see how many underhand softballs Bryant (The olympics are whitey's game) Gumbel would throw at Pacman.

Needless to say, I was not surprised. He asked about Pacman's first arrest, Pacman replied "not guilty", Gumbel put his head like a puppet and asked about his second arrest, same reply from Pacman. That went on for a good while during the interview. It was a joke. Pacman basically lied through his teeth during the whole interview. It was either "I'm not guilty" or "I have bad luck" or "I'm a big fish in a little pond". The 'man' takes absolutely no responsibility for the shooting which left one paralyzed. Truly a scumbag.

The Javon Walker story was just sad. That's about it. That story is further proof (IMO) that nothing good can happen to an athlete during the early hours of the morning while at a club. Either you will find trouble or trouble will find you. Very sad story and my heart goes out to all of those involved.

I simply fast forwarded the piece on dog fighting. I've heard enough about what those pieces of shit do to those dogs for amusement purposes. I did not need to hear and see it again.