Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Did the defense wear out? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1908)

BlitzburghRockCity 09-25-2005 09:59 PM

Did the defense wear out?
 
They were on the field all day long..and those last couple of scoring drives were on the mark and Brady on the money all 2nd half.

No excuses, we lost the game fair and square, but you know our defense just had to be completely worn out.

figg 09-25-2005 10:02 PM

Re: Did the defense wear out?
 
Did Porter play? :rolleyes:

BlitzburghRockCity 09-25-2005 10:04 PM

Re: Did the defense wear out?
 
You could see them getting up alittle slower and not closing as quickly as the game worn on. Even the best defense can get gouged if they are on the field all day. Time and time again they stopped the pats right up until the 4th quarter, then they just seemed to slow down.

Koopa 09-25-2005 10:18 PM

Re: Did the defense wear out?
 
well when we run a million times and can't get the first down the defense has to be tired as hell. i wish heath would've been more invovled in the passing game he showed us what he can do. if he doesn't get used like he should this is gonna be one wasted draft pick.

figg 09-25-2005 10:18 PM

Re: Did the defense wear out?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
You could see them getting up alittle slower and not closing as quickly as the game worn on. Even the best defense can get gouged if they are on the field all day. Time and time again they stopped the pats right up until the 4th quarter, then they just seemed to slow down.

Yeah they were definitly winded. The offensive play calling didnt help at all. They ran way to many play action passes and got conservative with a 3 point lead. Playing not to lose makes you lose in big games.

BlitzburghRockCity 09-25-2005 11:02 PM

Re: Did the defense wear out?
 
Yeah, we had them on the ropes w/ the big plays in the first half, then in the 2nd half they just went away from it?????? well that and the fact that we were shooting ourselves in the foot half the time too!!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 09-25-2005 11:10 PM

Re: Did the defense wear out?
 
where was the pressure on the brady??

JunglesJim 09-26-2005 12:50 AM

Re: Did the defense wear out?
 
The 3-4 defense applies no pressure to Tom Brady. A simple solution would be a 4-3 anchored by Hoke and Hampton in the middle. Those two fireplugs would undermine any offense line.

Ambridge 09-26-2005 01:19 PM

Re: Did the defense wear out?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKoopa
well when we run a million times and can't get the first down the defense has to be tired as hell. i wish heath would've been more invovled in the passing game he showed us what he can do. if he doesn't get used like he should this is gonna be one wasted draft pick.


I was thinking the same thing about Heath Miller yesterday.
He would have been a perfect weapon for some short dump off and delayed release passes.
That would have opened up the short middle of the field and maybe have taken pressure off of the WR's and the offense as a whole.

3 games for Heath Miller-2 catches 16yds.

It's ridiculous not to get him more involved in the offense. :mad:

Prosdo 09-26-2005 03:19 PM

Re: Did the defense wear out?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambridge
I was thinking the same thing about Heath Miller yesterday.
He would have been a perfect weapon for some short dump off and delayed release passes.
That would have opened up the short middle of the field and maybe have taken pressure off of the WR's and the offense as a whole.

3 games for Heath Miller-2 catches 16yds.

It's ridiculous not to get him more involved in the offense. :mad:

I agree. I would absolutely love to see this guy more involved in the offense.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum