Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   A forgotten plus point for Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1913)

Livinginthe past 09-26-2005 08:15 AM

A forgotten plus point for Steelers

Just remembered a moment that summed up a footballing warrior during last nights game - Hines Ward pulling a hamstring (?) - sucking in a breath, getting taped up - then catching the game tying TD.

Awesome play by an awesome player.

Cheers

NM

SteelCurtain 09-26-2005 08:37 AM

Re: A forgotten plus point for Steelers

He is a true warrior, I'm glad to see a New England fan acknowledge that

ironcitychef 09-26-2005 11:58 AM

I'm sure had they been able to, Light and Harrison would ahve stayed on the field as well. Both teams played with that playoff mentality.

tony hipchest 09-26-2005 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Just remembered a moment that summed up a footballing warrior during last nights game - Hines Ward pulling a hamstring (?) - sucking in a breath, getting taped up - then catching the game tying TD.

Cheers

NM

he didnt wanna be out done by david akers who also showed balls of steel :grin:

hardwork 09-26-2005 01:01 PM

Ward is over rated, but he tries, I'll give him that.

Koopa 09-26-2005 01:12 PM

smh @ this bitch callin hines ward overrated, you just don't know talent do you.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE 09-26-2005 01:51 PM

Look at the numbers Ward puts up compared to the other wr's and then consider that Ward is on a smash mouth run first, run second, what the hell run again football team.
Ward is awesome...

BlitzburghRockCity 09-26-2005 02:05 PM

Ward is the toughest WR around,the guy never quits, never gives up, never takes a play off.

hardwork 09-26-2005 02:11 PM

BIGBENFASTWILLIE

I like Ward. I'd love to have him here. But, he isn't a dominant, game breaking, receiver like TO, or Moss, etc. I haven't seen him step up and change the outcome of a big game like a playoff game, and so on. The Patriots don't live in fear of Hines Ward. As someone else pointed out in here today, the Patriots don't scheme for Ward. They keep an eye on him, but they don't believe Hines Ward can beat them like a Moss, or TO can.

Prosdo 09-26-2005 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past

Cheers

NM

Nice call Living. That's why I love that guy. He doesn't give up and is tough. I'm glad to have him on this team.