Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Tailgate Party (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tailgate questions (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19133)

Bandwagon Tourist 08-27-2007 05:30 PM

Tailgate questions

Hey Steeler fans

Me and a buddy are coming from Canada for the home opener. I was curious if anybody had any advice where to go before and after the game. In K.C. they had a beer tent at Arrowhead that was all you can eat and drink for $20. Is there something similar to that in Pitt? I've been surfing the net and it looks like I'll be spending the majority of my weekend in Hi Topps. Is that a fairly safe place/area?

Thanks in advance

SteelersHoss 08-27-2007 10:14 PM

Re: Tailgate questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandwagon Tourist (Post 284712)
Hey Steeler fans

Me and a buddy are coming from Canada for the home opener. I was curious if anybody had any advice where to go before and after the game. In K.C. they had a beer tent at Arrowhead that was all you can eat and drink for $20. Is there something similar to that in Pitt? I've been surfing the net and it looks like I'll be spending the majority of my weekend in Hi Topps. Is that a fairly safe place/area?

Thanks in advance

Whereabouts from Canada???

Bandwagon Tourist 08-27-2007 11:48 PM

Winnipeg. I didn't notice the tailgate thread before I posted. I'm trying to hit a different city every year. I was hoping to catch a Pirates game but they're out of town.

SteelCityMan786 08-28-2007 12:20 AM

Keep your eyes pealed out for stlrs4life's announcement prior to every steelers home game. he runs the official tailgate.

stillhead 08-29-2007 11:01 AM

my god i wish there was something like that in pittsburgh. $20 all you can eat and drink. :cheers:

SteelersHoss 08-29-2007 05:10 PM

where' you boys staying??? My wife and I are coming in from Ontario

Bandwagon Tourist 08-30-2007 01:29 PM

Comfort Inn Conference Center but I'll probably be on a bar stool for most of the time. Hi Topps seems like a safe place for 2 ,40 yr. old married guys to go. After looking through this site I'm also looking forward to trying one of those Primanti sandwiches. How pathetic is that?

SteelersHoss 08-30-2007 06:14 PM

they are fantastic. MMM, cannot wait till i get my next onein me

Jhulie 09-02-2007 10:58 AM

I'm bringing a few friends down from Ontario, staying downtown Saturday night, and we'll be looking for a few cold ones on game day. How early do Steeler fans start? ... and where the best tailgate?

SteelersHoss 09-03-2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jhulie (Post 286852)
I'm bringing a few friends down from Ontario, staying downtown Saturday night, and we'll be looking for a few cold ones on game day. How early do Steeler fans start? ... and where the best tailgate?

Hey man, I live in Kitchener, We should get a local fan club started. Anyways, look for Dom's thread soon about opening day. Good times. Have fun and grab a sandwich at Primani's. MMMM