Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NCAA Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Notre Dame Is Terrible (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19253)

Atlanta Dan 09-01-2007 06:51 PM

Notre Dame Is Terrible
 
Waxed 33-3 at home by Georgia Tech and it actually could have been worse

Wonder how the alums feel now about being shaken down to rewrite Weis' contract in his first year?

verks36 09-01-2007 07:01 PM

Re: Notre Dame Is Terrible
 
Ya that game was pretty bad

once brady quinn leaves notre dame they suck.

SteelCityMan786 09-01-2007 07:04 PM

Re: Notre Dame Is Terrible
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by verks36 (Post 286637)
Ya that game was pretty bad

once brady quinn leaves notre dame they suck.

My guess is that Clawson is overrated. But we should learn more about him in Big games next week when they come to Penn State.

revefsreleets 09-01-2007 07:07 PM

Re: Notre Dame Is Terrible
 
The Domers realize that this is a rebuilding year, and ND had one of the best, if not THE best recruiting classes last year. They'll be where they need to be in the next year or so.

Atlanta Dan 09-01-2007 07:08 PM

Re: Notre Dame Is Terrible
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by verks36 (Post 286637)
Ya that game was pretty bad

once brady quinn leaves notre dame they suck.

It was not as if they beat big boy programs (USC, Ohio State and (at least until today:sofunny:) Michigan) with Brady.

Weis can claim he had no chance to recruit in 2005 after he came in after Urban Meyer stiffed the Irish, but the 2006 and 2007 classes are his guys.

Academic requirements may make it tough, but that didn't save Ty Willingham.

Black@Gold Forever32 09-01-2007 09:06 PM

Re: Notre Dame Is Terrible
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 (Post 286644)
My guess is that Clawson is overrated. But we should learn more about him in Big games next week when they come to Penn State.

How can you say Jimmy Clausen is overrated when he didn't even start the game? He came in when it was 33-3 or whatever the score was...lol Kind of a silly statement if you ask me...I hate Notre Dame so I loved seeing them go down...But it wasn't the freshmen QBs fault for this game....lol The sole blame goes to the two QBs ahead of Clausen that did nothing with the offense all day...lol

SteelCityMan786 09-01-2007 09:07 PM

Re: Notre Dame Is Terrible
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 (Post 286703)
How can you say Jimmy Clausen is overrated when he didn't even start the game? He came in when it was 33-3 or whatever the score was...lol Kind of a silly statement if you ask me...I hate Notre Dame so I loved seeing them go down...But it wasn't the freshmen QBs fault for this game....lol The sole blame goes to the two QBs ahead of Clausen that did nothing with the offense all day...lol

I thought he was their starter this year

Atlanta Dan 09-01-2007 09:16 PM

Re: Notre Dame Is Terrible
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 (Post 286705)
I thought he was their starter this year

He had surgery on his throwing arm elbow this spring which has held him back

SteelCityMan786 09-01-2007 09:30 PM

Re: Notre Dame Is Terrible
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 286711)
He had surgery on his throwing arm elbow this spring which has held him back

So I guess if Steele has it correctly, Demetrius Jones started today?

Atlanta Dan 09-01-2007 09:48 PM

Re: Notre Dame Is Terrible
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 (Post 286722)
So I guess if Steele has it correctly, Demetrius Jones started today?

Yes - he was horrible and Weis pulled him before halftime


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum