Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Richard Seymour out 6 weeks (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19267)

tony hipchest 09-02-2007 12:26 PM

Richard Seymour out 6 weeks

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Quote:

Patriots place Seymour on PUP list, cut Testaverde
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots activated tight end David Thomas off the physically unable to perform list and released 21 players Saturday, including quarterback Vinny Testaverde, who at 43 would have been entering his 21st season in the NFL.

New England also placed defensive lineman Richard Seymour on the physically unable list. He is out for a minimum of six weeks.
dang. there hasnt even been any time for moss or stallworth to pull a hammy yet. i have a feeling the "old age" flue may be striking their locker room at halftime, much sooner than in the AFCC game.

so i guess kimo VO will be a patriot then?

rog 09-02-2007 12:40 PM

Re: Richard Seymour out 6 weeks

With Seymore (6 weeks) and Harrison (4 weeks) out the first month of the season could get a bit rough for their D.

ShutDown24 09-02-2007 12:47 PM

I keep saying... The Pats are gonna bomb... No one seems to believe me but I really believe this...

Atlanta Dan 09-02-2007 12:48 PM

Rust never sleeps - veteran teams can get real old real fast

Livinginthe past 09-02-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutDown24 (Post 286899)
I keep saying... The Pats are gonna bomb... No one seems to believe me but I really believe this...

Right-o.

Define 'bomb' - then we can have a bet.

My guess is you'll chicken out.

Livinginthe past 09-02-2007 12:53 PM

Its bad news for sure, but for those who are confused about what consitutes 'old age' - Seymour is 27 years old.

The D-line has plenty of young talent and depth.

FOOTEupyourarse 09-02-2007 12:55 PM

im thinking maybe rodney will slip seymore a little HGH and he will recover quicker. without the COMPETITIVE EDGE of course!

tony hipchest 09-02-2007 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 286901)
Rust never sleeps - veteran teams can get real old real fast

but i thought the annointing oil prevents rust. they can still get a bit younger with the addition of kimo. while theyre at it, they might wanna hire the steelers fired team doctor. and inquire about that old box full of duce staleys sweats.

rog 09-02-2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 286905)
Its bad news for sure, but for those who are confused about what consitutes 'old age' - Seymour is 27 years old.

The D-line has plenty of young talent and depth.

The D-line might be young but the truth is their LB are getting very old. It doesn't really matter how old Seymore is anyway having a player like him out for 6 weeks would be hard for any team.

Livinginthe past 09-02-2007 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rog (Post 286911)
The D-line might be young but the truth is their LB are getting very old. It doesn't really matter how old Seymore is anyway having a player like him out for 6 weeks would be hard for any team.

OK. Its Seymour.

I dont dispute that he will be missed - he is the best 3-4 DE in the game - but I fail to see how having old LBers (again no dispute here) could possibly relevant to an injury to a 27 year old DE?

Thats my point.