Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   J-E-T-S.... Chad gets injured again! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19494)

nojobny 09-09-2007 01:55 PM

J-E-T-S.... Chad gets injured again!

Chad just hobbled off the field after a nasty ankle twist. So sad..too bad. :flap:

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Livinginthe past 09-09-2007 02:58 PM

Re: J-E-T-S.... Chad gets injured again!

Thats very sympathetic of you, well done.

I hate seeing guys gp down injured- as it happens Chad came back the next series - looked like a twisted ankle and not the potentially much worse knee twist where you get the weight of a d-lineman on it when its bent back.

I think Chad will be very sore tomorrow, but hope top see him on the field next week.

ps He actually played a good game - kept the Patriots D on its toes but they just didnt have the horses on D to cope with a powerful Patriots offense.

Game note - Brady 22/28 297 yds 3 TD's and 0 INT's (guess that makes him better than Manning again :toofunny: ...until week 2)

Lazy, injured Randy Moss 9 catches 183 yards 1 TD.

xXTheSteelKingsXx 09-09-2007 03:20 PM

Man Pennington is really injury pron.

nojobny 09-09-2007 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 290767)
Thats very sympathetic of you, well done.

I hate seeing guys gp down injured- as it happens Chad came back the next series - looked like a twisted ankle and not the potentially much worse knee twist where you get the weight of a d-lineman on it when its bent back.

I think Chad will be very sore tomorrow, but hope top see him on the field next week.

ps He actually played a good game - kept the Patriots D on its toes but they just didnt have the horses on D to cope with a powerful Patriots offense.

Game note - Brady 22/28 297 yds 3 TD's and 0 INT's (guess that makes him better than Manning again :toofunny: ...until week 2)

Lazy, injured Randy Moss 9 catches 183 yards 1 TD.

I have zero symphathy for Chad b/c he stays injured. And you're a pats fan so why are you defending him? Not that it matters but I'm married to a Jets fan AND I live in NYC so I have to listen to all the talk radio crap about Chad and his annual injury report every year.

Personally, I don't know why Man-genius let him go right back in. They've got a full medical setup there. Go inside, shoot a couple of x-rays or run an MRI. Better he miss a couple of series than run the risk of making a minor injury a major one. (anyone remember McNabb's spained ankle that was a broken leg?)

Randy sure did shut up all his detractors today. He put up some nice numbers.

SteelCityMan786 09-09-2007 06:45 PM

Man, I think he is close to getting cut and retiring.

Atlanta Dan 09-09-2007 06:56 PM

Remember how much grief the Steelers took took for drafting Burress over Chad when the New York media turned Pennington into the second coming of Montana after the Jets made the AFC Championship in 2002?

Chad seems to be a competent QB but his arm strength was an issue even before the injuries - IMO this is his last year with the Jets.

Livinginthe past 09-09-2007 07:32 PM

Believe me, the issue with the Jets isnt their QB - its their woeful pass rush and their inability to run the ball consistently.

Their O-line is a bit of a mess, right now.

Stlrs4Life 09-09-2007 09:02 PM

They just showed a clip of the Jets fans cheering the injury as he limped off the field also. That is sad.

The Duke 09-09-2007 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life (Post 291120)
They just showed a clip of the Jets fans cheering the injury as he limped off the field also. That is sad.

I didn't know jets fans didn't want Pennington, that's sad indeed

I-Want-Troy's-Hair 09-09-2007 09:05 PM

and to think Pittsburgh almost drafted Pennington and we drafter plexi-glass instead. ....WHEW