Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Newsflash. Rex Grossman still sucks! (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19505)

Livinginthe past 09-09-2007 04:42 PM

Newsflash. Rex Grossman still sucks!

What an awful, awful 1st half by Rex - his D consistently gives him a short field and he passes to opposition defenders, fumbles the ball untouched and totally fails to pick up blitzer even when they aren't on his blindside.

To me, this is a coach who is letting his ego (hello Mike Martz) get in the way of doing the right thing - giving Griese the start.

Against any type of pressure the guy is a jittery, fumbling mess..and its only week1.

fansince'76 09-09-2007 04:58 PM

Re: Newsflash. Rex Grossman still sucks!

I agree - Griese should be their starter. Griese isn't exactly a future HoFer, but he won't singlehandedly kill drives and lose games for the Bears the way Grossman does.

Livinginthe past 09-09-2007 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 290906)
I agree - Griese should be their starter. Griese isn't exactly a future HoFer, but he won't singlehandedly kill drives and lose games for the Bears the way Grossman does.

Exactly - the much criticsed 'game manger' type QB would be a massive upgrade.

On a side note, Bears fans absolutely owns the Chargers home field - I had to double check that the game hadn't been moved to Chicago!

fansince'76 09-09-2007 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 290919)
On a side note, Bears fans absolutely owns the Chargers home field - I had to double check that the game hadn't been moved to Chicago!

No lie - folks who have LT on their FF teams probably aren't too happy right now - 13 rushes for 13 yards, and 5 receptions for 24? Ugly so far.

Livinginthe past 09-09-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 290926)
No lie - folks who have LT on their FF teams probably aren't too happy right now - 13 rushes for 13 yards, and 5 receptions for 24? Ugly so far.

Grrr.

Can't keep a good man down - he just threw for a freakin' TD! :toofunny:

Im up against LT in FF this week too!

OneForTheToe 09-09-2007 05:58 PM

Da Bears and Da Saints establish again that Da NFC Da-sucks

Atlanta Dan 09-09-2007 06:07 PM

Based on the Bears and Saints week one performances, take a look at the Seahawks to be the potential candidate as the AFC champ's pinata in the Super Bowl.

Livinginthe past 09-09-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan (Post 290968)
Based on the Bears and Saints week one performances, take a look at the Seahawks to be the potential candidate as the AFC champ's pinata in the Super Bowl.

I think you may well be right.

The Bears are the NFL version of the Ravens (excellent D but questionable -at best- offense)

The saints would be the Bengals - alot of potential on offense but unstable and erratic on D.

Balanced teams tend to do well...so I like the Eagles,...ahem.....scratch that :toofunny:

(I actually do still like the Eagles to make the NFCCG)

fansince'76 09-09-2007 06:38 PM

It's only one game folks - remember back in '03 when the Pats started with a 31-0 blowout loss to the Bills in week 1 before finishing 14-2 and winning the SB?

Livinginthe past 09-09-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 290985)
It's only one game folks - remember back in '03 when the Pats started with a 31-0 blowout loss to the Bills in week 1 before finishing 14-2 and winning the SB?

Yeah...but....but.....okay good point (I hope you aint figuring on the Jets coming into Foxboro and beating us 38-14!!):chuckle: