Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mahan, Davis and Colon (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19516)

jjpro11 09-09-2007 08:28 PM

Mahan, Davis and Colon

How'd they do? i was up in the nose bleeds and couldnt really tell how each guy did.

revefsreleets 09-09-2007 08:31 PM

Re: Mahan, Davis and Colon

Mark Madden regurgitated the bullshit about Mahan getting pushed around by bigger NT's. Ted Washington is listed at 375, but that fat f^*k weighs 425 if he weighs a pound, and Mahan owned him all day. We are solid at center, and we have been since like 1972.

The Duke 09-09-2007 08:31 PM

Mahan had a bad snap which cost us. Colon was a bit too aggressive

HometownGal 09-09-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 291023)
Mark Madden regurgitated the bullshit about Mahan getting pushed around by bigger NT's. Ted Washington is listed at 375, but that fat f^*k weighs 425 if he weighs a pound, and Mahan owned him all day. We are solid at center, and we have been since like 1972.

Obviously, Madden's cheeks were full of Twinkies when he made that statement about Mahan, as he obviously wasn't watching the same game I was and didn't pay attention at TC.

I said it after TC and I'll say it again - Mahan is one strong mofo and if he can hold back and frustrate Big Snack like he did at TC, he can block just about anyone. :thumbsup:

Preacher 09-09-2007 08:34 PM

Mahan seemed to do pretty good. He muffed a snap, but there were no other glaring mistakes.

Davis was ok. Nothing to right home about.

Colon had a couple good blocks and a good fight... about what we're going to expect out of him!

Preacher 09-09-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 291024)
Mahan had a bad snap which cost us. Colon was a bit too aggressive

WHAT?

It is virtually impossible for a OT to be TOO agressive.

The Duke 09-09-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 291032)
WHAT?

It is virtually impossible for a OT to be TOO agressive.

well, I saw him pushing a lineman after the play was over

GBMelBlount 09-09-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 291031)
Mahan seemed to do pretty good. He muffed a snap, but there were no other glaring mistakes.

Colon had a couple good blocks and a good fight... about what we're going to expect out of him!

I thought he did OK. I really think our success this year may hinge on his performance. Actually, his side.

Preacher 09-09-2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 291036)
well, I saw him pushing a lineman after the play was over

Yep.

that is EXACTLY what I wanted to see as well. There are SO many head games being played. Willie C. simply said... You ain't doing this crap with me!

There was NO bad outcome, offsetting penalties...

Good Job Willie.

The Duke 09-09-2007 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Preacher (Post 291048)
Yep.

that is EXACTLY what I wanted to see as well. There are SO many head games being played. Willie C. simply said... You ain't doing this crap with me!

There was NO bad outcome, offsetting penalties...

Good Job Willie.

well, yeah if it doesn't cost us any penalties then he's doing a good job