Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   thought on facing ladainian tomlinson. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1953)

tony hipchest 09-28-2005 01:49 PM

thought on facing ladainian tomlinson.

i bet cowher is gonna use what p. pass and k. faulk was able to do in the passing game to motivate the steelers, telling them they can expect to see much more of that against the chargers. do you think shottenheimer will use the same strategy of spreading them out and using little swing passes or underneathe stull or do you think shottenheimer will anticipate the steelers overprotecting this and going deep and employing a power run game?

clevestinks 09-28-2005 02:03 PM

Re: thought on facing ladainian tomlinson.

L.T. is the best, so me must bring our A game. No Problem I hope, especially after a weeks rest.

tony hipchest 09-28-2005 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clevestinks
L.T. is the best, so me must bring our A game. No Problem I hope, especially after a weeks rest.

their gameplan should be pretty predictable. what was not predictable was patriots pretty much shelfing dillon in favor of faulk.

Koopa 09-28-2005 02:27 PM

damn l.t. is one scary player but you can't really only gameplan around him cause they also have gates who is a badass tight end, why can't we use miller like they use gates.

Black-n-Gold 09-28-2005 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKoopa
damn l.t. is one scary player but you can't really only gameplan around him cause they also have gates who is a badass tight end, why can't we use miller like they use gates.

Pittsburgh has never really used tight ends in their offense, and to give Miller a big role will require them to change some things up. I agree that it needs to be done, because this guy has some good potential for us. There are too many weapons on this offense and not enough plays in place to utilize them. With all this talent our offense should be producing more..

Suitanim 09-28-2005 04:57 PM

Doesn't Cowher have a pretty good history of beating up on Marty? Even back the the Browns days?

I'm confident him and LeBeau will have an excellent plan in place to shut down LT...

Koopa 09-28-2005 06:30 PM

i just hope while game planning to shut down l.t. they don't for get about gates

Suitanim 09-28-2005 07:19 PM

Just stick a spy on Gates...it's a one for one trade off, and exactly how we handled Shannon Sharpe back in the day...

I.C. Lights 09-29-2005 07:17 PM

I think our D-line is going to close down a lot of the options to which the bolts have become accustomed. I feel a pick or two coming as well.

slashsteel 09-29-2005 07:23 PM

We will shut down LT. And Brees is up and down and is no Brady. Yes we are playing in their home so it will be close. BUt with a week to rest we should be hungry focused, and come out with a win.......