Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Big Ben's 4 TD Passes (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19536)

Black@Gold Forever32 09-10-2007 12:20 PM

Big Ben's 4 TD Passes

Put him in fifth place on the Steelers all-time passing TDs list.....He know has 56 for his career....Plus if Ben stays healthy he should move into 2nd place by the end of the season....So congrats to Big Ben.....I know its not a great list of QBs behind Terry....But still a Steelers QB with not even 4 seasons under his belt to be in the top five so soon says something....

The Top Five

1. Terry Bradshaw-212
2. Kordell Stewart-70
3. Neil O'Donnell-68
4. Bobby Layne-67
5. Ben Roethlisberger-56

Some other interesting notes from yesterday to were.....

Hines first quarter TD catch moved him even closer to passing John Stallworth for the most TD receptions in Steelers history......

Stallworth had 63 and Ward now has 59.....So Ward only needs 5 more to pass him to be the alltime Steelers leader....Plus after yesterday Hines only needs 668 more receiving yards to pass Stallworth for the most receiving yards in Steelers history....Both of those marks Hines will reach this year.....

FourThreeMafia 09-12-2007 01:05 AM

Re: Big Ben's 4 TD Passes

I have no doubt that barring injury, he will surpass that this year. Ill even take it a step fiurther to say that, as long as he stays healthy the majority of his career, he will pass Bradshaw.

He is the first QB weve ever had that I am actually excited about. Its always been about the RBs for me, but since they picked Ben up and Ive seen what he is capable of, I believe he can be the best Steelers QB ever. Not really a daunting challege considering some of the stinkers weve had, but still an accomplishment.

Preacher 09-12-2007 01:12 AM

Wow.. and he is there in only 3 full years, 4 years to second. Not bad. Bradshaw... be worried, be very worried!

Haiku_Dirtt 09-12-2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 (Post 291429)
Plus if Ben stays healthy he should move into 2nd place by the end of the season....

WOW. That's truly remarkable. I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see the numbers especially since the accident thang.

Justin Otstott 09-12-2007 08:07 AM

thanks for those stats...did not know that! Go BEN!

HometownGal 09-12-2007 08:10 AM

Very interesting facts, Dan - thanks! :cheers:

Our O has always been run-oriented and this year Ben will be able to open up the offense more with his arm. That being said - it is possible that he could end up with 25-30 TDs this season. :thumbsup::tt02:

Jman 09-12-2007 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 (Post 291429)
....Plus if Ben stays healthy he should move into 2nd place by the end of the season...

We all know Ben's ability to stay healthy when on the field is pretty good so I'm excited! :tt02:

SteelersMongol 09-12-2007 09:11 AM

Thanks for the facts. Excited about Hines.

jjpro11 09-12-2007 09:21 AM

wow, thats pretty good.

and will Ward be considered the greatest steelers receiver ever when he is retired? i think so.

klick81 09-12-2007 10:23 AM

This is damned cool! Big ups to both Ben and Hines.