Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Lewis, Ogden out for year? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19611)

I-Want-Troy's-Hair 09-11-2007 11:44 PM

Lewis, Ogden out for year?

That's what happens when you get old Ray Ray - Ogden probably should have thought a little harder about retiring at the end of last year.

RAVENS FEAR LEWIS, OGDEN LOST FOR YEAR

A league source tells us that there is concern within the Baltimore Ravens organization that linebacker Ray Lewis or left tackle Jonathan Ogden, or both, are potentially lost for the year with injuries suffered on Monday night in Cincinnati.

The fact that the Ravens are being tight-lipped about the status of Lewis and Ogden is fueling the belief that the situation might be serious. As we understand it, information regarding the status of Lewis and Ogden is also scarce within the building.

It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to figure out that the Hall of Famers, both of whom were selected in the first round of the 1996 draft, could be seriously hurt. It took Odgen months to recover from a toe injury, and it looks like all of the progress was undone in less than one half of football. As to Lewis, he'll definitely be willing to play with one arm, but he could very well be shut down based on the outcome of an MRI that was conducted on Tuesday.

In Ogden's case, a season-ending injury could also be career-ending. He contemplated retirement after the 2006 season, and would likely be sorely tempted to call it quits in lieu of enduring more rehab and preparation for 2008.

The Duke 09-11-2007 11:49 PM

Re: Lewis, Ogden out for year?

I hope they heal fast, I want to go against a fully healed ratbirds team, not an injury devastated group.

Yes, maybe ogden should've retired last year...

tony hipchest 09-11-2007 11:57 PM

i dont know, this just smells of a PFT article that speculated that eli manning might be out for the year and the underplaying of his injury was just for signing back up player purposes.

nfl reports i heard were that ogden had an achilles which could definitely result from overcompensating for his toe. he could be done.

im thinking lewis's injury might just be one that can heal on its own without surgery. if theres any small chance of that, you can bet he will forgo surgery. bastard or not, he's all about sundays.

jjpro11 09-12-2007 10:26 AM

bj sams is out for the year.. not sure about the other 2.

Jman 09-12-2007 11:03 AM

This would be a huge loss to the Ravens. I'm sure lots would be happy to see Lewis done for the year. With Odgen gone, the pass rush becomes that much easier for the B & G.

SteelerFanInCA 09-12-2007 11:31 AM

Wow, Lewis is the spark plug for their D. I wonder how this will impact their D? With Thomas already gone and now Lewis there could be some big holes to fill.

rbryan 09-12-2007 11:36 AM

Ray Ray out would actually be a positive for the Ravens. He's done anyway. He can barely make it to the pile to jump on at the end anymore lol.

I good analogy to the NFL is the wild west. No matter how tough or how fast you are there is always someone else who is faster. With all his karma, ray ray is lucky to have made it this long. Can't say I'm sorry to see him go.

fansince'76 09-12-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbryan (Post 292760)
Ray Ray out would actually be a positive for the Ravens. He's done anyway. He can barely make it to the pile to jump on at the end anymore lol.

Yeah, but where are players throughout the league going to turn for advice and counseling now? :rolleyes:

Atlanta Dan 09-12-2007 12:33 PM

Ogden could be gone according to Billick's comments last night

Pro Bowl offensive tackle Jonathan Ogden is out indefinitely with a hyperextended toe, Ravens coach Brian Billick announced on his weekly radio show last night.

Ogden missed the preseason with the toe injury and left two plays into the second quarter Monday night against the Cincinnati Bengals after feeling pain.

Billick, who had previously canceled his day-after news conference with local reporters, told WBAL radio that Ogden was "the most serious" of the injured starters
"It's going to be painful all year long," said Billick, who indicated that Ogden didn't reinjure the toe. "It's a matter of him adjusting to it. I don't know if Jonathan will be able to come back from this or not."

Ogden injured the toe last December and it still is not right - as we often hear, a toe injury ended Lambert's career a few years too soon.

As for Ray-Ray

Lewis was expected to undergo a magnetic resonance imaging yesterday, which could clear up his injury.

He told reporters in the locker room after the game that he had torn the triceps in his right arm, which could be a season-ending injury. But the Ravens have disputed that, saying Lewis could not have returned to play if he had torn the muscle

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...0.story?page=2

The McNair groin injury could also be tough - it is not season ending, but look how long it took a young guy like Timmons to heal.

rbryan 09-12-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 292775)
Yeah, but where are players throughout the league going to turn for advice and counseling now? :rolleyes:

Good point. This is much more serious than I originally thought. I can only pray that all the scUMbags who look to Ray for his wisdom and guidance can manage without him.