Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Fans United (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Going to PITTSBUGH (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19768)

verks36 09-17-2007 08:36 AM

Going to PITTSBUGH

Hey Guys

I am going to Pittsburgh this weekend!!!

Friday after school I am taking a Plane by from Newark to Pitt by myself and am meeting my brother and dad it Pittsbugh. We are going from Friday to sunday.
The 49er vs Steeler game will be my first steelers game at heniz field i have ever seen. Seen it is going to be awsome.
While in Pittsburgh what things do you guys suggest I go visit or experince?

On a sadder( the reason why i am even in Pittsburgh for the game) note my Grandfather Pittsburgh native and Steelers and PItt panther die hard is having Open heart surgery. I feel bad because i Know how much he wishes he could come to teh game with us but he is just phyically unable to do it. On the 25th and my dad is staying in Pittsburgh for the opertation. I hope everything goes well and would appercate all prayers for him.

God bless,
Ryan

Kittyfish 09-17-2007 09:12 AM

Re: Going to PITTSBUGH

Prayers and good thoughts for your grandfather, verks. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

On a happier note, have fun at the game! I've never been to one myself, and am extremely jellus of you on that point.

(Didn't you go to a playoff game or the SB or something last year? I believe you mentioned it in another thread some time back and I would be interested in any details you might want to share... I would PM you about it but I'm not allowed to PM people yet.)

Don't know much about Pgh attractions - have hardly ever been to Pgh proper. There is the zoo/aquarium and the Carnegie Science center, of course....there is also some kind of sandwich (can't remember the name) which has cole slaw and fries and everything else piled on it - that might be more to your liking... I am sure others can be more helpful on that score.

Again, best wishes that your granddad's operation goes smoothly!

verks36 09-17-2007 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kittyfish (Post 295699)
Prayers and good thoughts for your grandfather, verks. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

On a happier note, have fun at the game! I've never been to one myself, and am extremely jellus of you on that point.

(Didn't you go to a playoff game or the SB or something last year? I believe you mentioned it in another thread some time back and I would be interested in any details you might want to share... I would PM you about it but I'm not allowed to PM people yet.)

Don't know much about Pgh attractions - have hardly ever been to Pgh proper. There is the zoo/aquarium and the Carnegie Science center, of course....there is also some kind of sandwich (can't remember the name) which has cole slaw and fries and everything else piled on it - that might be more to your liking... I am sure others can be more helpful on that score.

Again, best wishes that your granddad's operation goes smoothly!

"ya i was at superbowl XL but this is my first game at heniz field."

JimMac 09-17-2007 11:24 AM

Best of wishes to your gpa, bud.

Have a great time at the game!

verks36 09-17-2007 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimMac (Post 295767)
Best of wishes to your gpa, bud.

Have a great time at the game!

thanks mac
appercate it

alittlejazzbird 09-17-2007 07:52 PM

Ryan,

I sent you a private message with ideas and links for stuff to do in Pittsburgh, but I left off one thing that another poster mentioned -- the famous Primanti Bros. sandwich. You should definitely have one while you're in the city. Here's the website:

http://www.rackdeal.com/primantibrothers/

Have fun, Pittsburgh is a great city! And all best wishes to your grandfather.

ShutDown24 09-17-2007 07:56 PM

Yeah same, only the best hopes for another Steeler fan.

I am going to my first game Oct.7 when we play the Seahawks... I can't wait either, I know what it feels like. It must be even harder to wait since it is so close.

verks36 09-20-2007 09:35 PM

Cya later guys going right after school tommorow. Hopefully i will be able to post pictures.
GO STEELERS

god bless,
verks36