Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Coaches on the hot seat (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19800)

Big D 09-18-2007 07:37 AM

Coaches on the hot seat

here is my list of coaches on the hot seat.

1. Tom Coughlin
2. Romeo Crennell
3. Jon Fox
4. Brad Childress
5. Andy Reid.

ShutDown24 09-18-2007 07:48 AM

Re: Coaches on the hot seat

Brad Childress? In his second year on the job at 1-1? I agree with everyone one else but that choice confuses me.

Big D 09-18-2007 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutDown24 (Post 296212)
Brad Childress? In his second year on the job at 1-1? I agree with everyone one else but that choice confuses me.

the vikings have taken a step back since he took over. They are by far a worse team now when they were when tice as there

revefsreleets 09-18-2007 08:01 AM

I think it's safe to say that after 8-8 last year, being "the criminal element" in the NFL, and Sunday's debacle, Marvin Lewis deserves to be on this list.

ShutDown24 09-18-2007 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 296219)
I think it's safe to say that after 8-8 last year, being "the criminal element" in the NFL, and Sunday's debacle, Marvin Lewis deserves to be on this list.

I was thinking so as well, but thinking about how bad they were before he got there...

-----------------------------------------------

If the Vikings would get rid of Childress anytime soon it would show why they have never had long standing success. He is just starting to put the pieces in. when he got there last year the players were still left over from Tice's reign due to the fact that it took so long for the Franchise to choose a new HC.

Since he has arrived he has given them a defense. Partly in thanks to Tomlin, but before they arrived the teams D was a joke. Now, it is very hard to run on the Vikings and the pass D is coming a long as well.

They had no offense. Moss had been traded and Culpepper didn't have a chance of sticking around.

Now, they have a young QB, Adrian Peterson, young receivers (They still need help here) a great line and Tony Richardson to go along with that run stuffing defense.

I just don't see how creating that going into this season puts Childress on the hot seat?

Big D 09-18-2007 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revefsreleets (Post 296219)

The only reason I didnt put the warden on my list is because of what the bungles were before he got there. I think he bought himself one more year unless this team goes below 500

HometownGal 09-18-2007 09:31 AM

I think Chucky may be added to that list, too, if the Bucs tank after a pretty good start this season.

83-Steelers-43 09-18-2007 09:32 AM

In all right, Lewis should be on that list. Between the excuse making for his convicts, his complete lack of class and finally.........not getting the job done, he deserves the boot. Just my opinion.

Big D 09-18-2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 (Post 296251)
In all right, Lewis should be on that list. Between the excuse making for his convicts, his complete lack of class and finally.........not getting the job done, he deserves the boot. Just my opinion.

bungle fans care more about the wins more then the class of their team

Crushzilla 09-18-2007 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 (Post 296251)

Oh ya. I agree completely.

I'm sure you also agree that it probably won't happen. The Bengals are still in this delusional state where they think that they've actually improved. Sure their records are better. Yes, they send more guys to the Pro Bowl now. They haven't won a thinkg though yet. Another playoff miss and any FO worth their weight in salt would say... hmmm...

What they don't realize is that they could fire Lewis. Hire a defensive minded coach who actually knows how to build one. I realize that defense is Marvin's specialty, but if this is his "forte" then I'd hate to know what kind of a job he does on mundane tasks like wiping his ass. Focus on defense in the draft, trade on of those WRs for picks of defenders, and cut the REAL jackasses or trade them to the Cowboys (I'd say cut all the jackasses but that would leave Kenny Irons and Rudi Johnson (sorry I'm an Auburn guy).

Maybe I'll take over coaching the Bengals... I already have the crutches... :crutches: :whip:

:scratchchin:

:tomato: