Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Injury News: Harrison and Spaeth (from Steelers.com) (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19824)

Dynasty 09-18-2007 08:47 PM

Injury News: Harrison and Spaeth (from Steelers.com)

The Steelers received good news regarding the health of linebacker James Harrison, who was taken off the field on a stretcher at halftime of Sunday?s game against the Bills at Heinz Field.
Harrison was diagnosed with a stiff neck and it?s possible he won?t miss much time.

?He is going to be fine,? said head coach Mike Tomlin. ?We will limit him in some way tomorrow (Wednesday), but he has a clean bill of health so we look forward to moving forward with him.?

Harrison went down on the last play of the half and lay motionless on his face for a few moments. He was moved onto his back, the facemask was taken off his helmet and he was placed on a flat board and then taken off the field.

?I didn?t hear that much of the communication going on between him and the physicians that were attending to him on the field,? said Tomlin, who didn?t realize that Harrison went off the field on the board as he already went into the locker room. ?I went out there and made sure he was moving his arms and his legs and he was. He was communicating. He was in a great deal of pain, but there was some clarity with him.

?Once I saw that I settled the guys that were standing on the field down, asked them to go inside, exchanged a few words with James and then I went inside.?

In other injury news tight end Matt Spaeth suffered a thigh bruise against the Bills. He will be limited somewhat in practice as the team starts preparing for the 49ers.

?When you are 6-7 and catch balls in the flat people are going to hit you in the thigh,? said Tomlin. ?That?s how they tackle you. He has to get used to that and learn how to defend himself in those situations.?

MasterOfPuppets 09-18-2007 08:55 PM

Re: Injury News: Harrison and Spaeth (from Steelers.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynasty (Post 296555)
[FONT=Arial]

“When you are 6-7 and catch balls in the flat people are going to hit you in the thigh,” said Tomlin. “That’s how they tackle you. He has to get used to that and learn how to defend himself in those situations.”

wear an iron cup.....:hunch:

wadester47 09-18-2007 09:51 PM

oh thank god it was not to serious for either of them !

Steelman16 09-18-2007 09:55 PM

I didn't know Matt got injured. Glad Silverback is back to sack! :tt02:

Haveta say though, its nice to see that we've gotten through 2 games already without any serious injuries. The same cannot be said for almost half the teams in the league right now. Seems like there were alot of week 1 injuries, all very serious.

NateC 09-18-2007 11:35 PM

Re: Injury News: Harrison and Spaeth (from Steelers.com)

I have always felt the Steelers by the grace of God , At least on the Defensive side of the ball , they really do a good job of Protecting themselves at all times. I dont know if its just they naturally Tackle with great form and we just scouted them well, or if we teach good tackling and ways to protect your body while dooing so but yeah . Alot of guys flying around for years now and coming back for more. and seems to be they coming back, more consistently, than other squads in the league( Giants and Eagles and to some degree ravens... for a few).

STEEL CAN BE BENT.... HOPING FOR A INJURY FREE SEASON FOR THE LEAGUE. Can Pray and hope for that.