Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Wow. just wow. (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19961)

Livinginthe past 09-23-2007 01:39 PM

Wow. just wow.

There is 2minutes left in the 1st half and the score is Eagles 42 Lions 21.

Im having an awesome FF day - Kitna and Westbrook are lighting it up.

I thought the Eagels would bounce back (and the Chargers!) but they have to be p*ssed at conceding 21 points at home in the 1st half!

Hines0wnz 09-23-2007 03:07 PM

Re: Wow. just wow.

I'm glad I'm not going up against McNabb in my league today.

Godfather 09-23-2007 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hines0wnz (Post 298576)
I'm glad I'm not going up against McNabb in my league today.

I am. So he picks today to get his groove back :banging:

Steeler in Carolina 09-23-2007 03:33 PM

That was a big fantasy day from Kevin Curtis, McNabb, and Westbrook.

Edman 09-23-2007 03:34 PM

Well damn. Color me surprised. Mcnabb responds in a huge way after this troubling week for the Iggles.

stlrtruck 09-23-2007 03:48 PM

I wonder if he'll make some stupid comment about black qb's this week?

revefsreleets 09-23-2007 04:28 PM

The good news for me? I have McNabb on my fantasy roster. The bad news for me? I was mad at his lack of performance and benched him for Matt Shaub this week.

Ouch.

sixstringlass 09-24-2007 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlrtruck (Post 298605)
I wonder if he'll make some stupid comment about black qb's this week?

Don't know about that... but my money's on Rex Grossman getting the most criticism of any NFL QB tomorrow and the rest of the week.

:coffee:

Livinginthe past 09-24-2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixstringlass (Post 298859)
Don't know about that... but my money's on Rex Grossman getting the most criticism of any NFL QB tomorrow and the rest of the week.

:coffee:

I wonder how long the Rex Grossman experiment can last - surely the more talented, productive members of Bears are looking at Grossman as the single biggest hurdle between them and another SB appearance.

They have suffered after losing Thomas Jones to the Jets, their running game is unable to pick up the slack to cover the inaccurate, scattershot QB.

The Bears also made a hell of a lot of great ST plays last year - thats another thing that is difficult to maintain - once teams start paying special attention to finding ways to combat it.

lamberts-lost-tooth 09-24-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livinginthe past (Post 299039)
I wonder how long the Rex Grossman experiment can last - surely the more talented, productive members of Bears are looking at Grossman as the single biggest hurdle between them and another SB appearance.

They have suffered after losing Thomas Jones to the Jets, their running game is unable to pick up the slack to cover the inaccurate, scattershot QB.

The Bears also made a hell of a lot of great ST plays last year - thats another thing that is difficult to maintain - once teams start paying special attention to finding ways to combat it.

I'm not a Grossman apologist...but Berian had two passes that hit him right in the hands.....If you are an NFL WR..and are still trying to cradle balls that bounce off your pads...???.....then you cant blame the QB.

That being said...Grossman is not the answer....He simply isnt big or strong enough to escape and scramble...Everytime a D-lineman breathed on him he was down. You dont have to have the strongest arm in the world to be a NFL QB...but you had BETTER be able to make some plays with your head if your short, small and slow.