Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Steelers (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Mistake-free? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=19991)

Tim 09-24-2007 10:29 AM

Mistake-free?

I'm trying to recall if the Steelers committed any penalties yesterday. I can't think of any. I'm not sure that SF did either. I know they had one penalty that was declined.

I'm not sure I can remember a game played that well on both sides in terms of penalties.

X-Terminator 09-24-2007 10:43 AM

Re: Mistake-free?

The 49ers had 2 penalties for 10 yards, the Steelers 3 for 13 yards, so the game was indeed pretty well-played in that regard.

The Duke 09-24-2007 10:54 AM

I didn't like Troy's offside penalty cause he committed the same last week, but I guess that shows his enthusiasm and agility to get to the ball

klick81 09-24-2007 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 298932)
I didn't like Troy's offside penalty cause he committed the same last week, but I guess that shows his enthusiasm and agility to get to the ball

Yeah, he's being aggressive :tt02: He just needs to time it a little better.

wadester47 09-24-2007 11:13 AM

it's ok as long as it does not become a BAD habit........but hey it's troy.

Blitzburgh_Fever 09-24-2007 11:32 AM

I like how when they do commit penalties because of enthusiasm, Tomlin doesn't look particularly upset. I forget who committed what penalty, but Tomlin actually smiled and hit his helmet in a "you shoulda known better"! Shows he appreciates the fire. So long as they can keep it under wraps come mid-late season and playoffs, it's great they have this desire.

TackleMeBen 09-24-2007 11:42 AM

no celebration penalties like last year please.. lol

Tim 09-24-2007 12:13 PM

Okay, well, it wasn't as good as I thought, but still pretty darn good. Now that I think about it, I do recall that offsides penalty, and I think we had one other offsides call.

Not too bad.

alittlejazzbird 09-24-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim (Post 298964)
Okay, well, it wasn't as good as I thought, but still pretty darn good. Now that I think about it, I do recall that offsides penalty, and I think we had one other offsides call.

Not too bad.

And I think an encroachment penalty on Casey Hampton....?

Haiku_Dirtt 09-24-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wadester47 (Post 298942)
it's ok as long as it does not become a BAD habit........but hey it's troy.

"Bad habit" and "Troy Polamalu " used in the same sentence is called an oxymoron. Troy is probably the most talented monastic professional athlete since A.C. Green played for the Lakers. Unless one considers abstinence a bad habit.