Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   420 td's. no love for Brett Favre???? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20010)

tony hipchest 09-24-2007 06:38 PM

420 td's. no love for Brett Favre????

congrats to brett :cheers: (although this thread may be met with the same reception as barry bonds breaking the HR record.)

i cant believe some football fans practically demanded that brett retire like he had no business or right to continue playing. what he did against the chargers was almost bradyesque with 1/10th of the talent vs. common opposition. if he can keep playing like this a. rogers might as well demand a trade.

and in true humble form, favre told peter king he could throw 600 td's and still not be in the same class as marino.

Atlanta Dan 09-24-2007 06:49 PM

Re: 420 td's. no love for Brett Favre????

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelreserve (Post 299189)
I hate Brett Favre. He's a lucky son of a bitch, and he always screws up bets I make. I don't give people like that any "respect where it's due" or anything, because being spiteful is easier and it makes me feel better.

So I guess LITP was not the only one who took the Chargers and gave the 4&1/2 yesterday?:sofunny:

tony hipchest 09-24-2007 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steelreserve (Post 299189)
I hate Brett Favre. He's a lucky son of a bitch, and he always screws up bets I make. I don't give people like that any "respect where it's due" or anything, because being spiteful is easier and it makes me feel better.

:chuckle: "GOOOOOO BRETT"! :tt02:

fansince'76 09-24-2007 06:51 PM

Congrats to Favre - how far is he off of Marino's career yardage record? Should be pretty close, I would think.

Haiku_Dirtt 09-24-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 299188)
a. rogers might as well demand a trade.

and in true humble form, favre told peter king he could throw 600 td's and still not be in the same class as marino.

Rogers ain't goin' anywhere. Even Favre is a little surprised by start. I'm glad to see the Favre Saga has turned postive though. They're going to have to keep a resemblance of a running game intact if this is expected to continue.

The Duke 09-24-2007 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tony hipchest (Post 299188)

That's the favre we know and love, classy as always. He may get another record soon(not that it matters either) with 3 more interceptions surpassing George Blanda's all time intereceptions. Not that Favre is in the same class as Blanda :wink02:

Edman 09-24-2007 07:18 PM

Plenty for love for Favre from me. But he still isn't immune to criticism(Unless you're John Madden or a Packer fan).

Haiku_Dirtt 09-24-2007 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke (Post 299206)
That's the favre we know and love, classy as always. He may get another record soon(not that it matters either) with 3 more interceptions surpassing George Blanda's all time intereceptions. Not that Favre is in the same class as Blanda :wink02:

:toofunny:

:cloud: Just have to rain on the parade don't you.

83-Steelers-43 09-24-2007 10:33 PM

Always liked Favre.

Class act. Never got a big head. Never called out anybody (coaching staff or players). Always held himself in a professional manner. The guy was/is a warrior. Never bitched about injuries. I wish the guy the best in and out of football.

Old school type of player. A mentality that is lacking in this league.

Godfather 09-24-2007 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 299195)
Congrats to Favre - how far is he off of Marino's career yardage record? Should be pretty close, I would think.

A little over 3000 yards to go. Might get it this yaer, maybe next year.

I'm a big Brett fan. I'm sitting a few miles from where he grew up.