Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   NFL Football (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What to Do - Root For Pats or Bengals? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20228)

Atlanta Dan 10-01-2007 03:28 PM

What to Do - Root For Pats or Bengals?

What is your opinion on who to root for tonight?

Rooting for the Pats is like cheering for Hitler's Wehrmacht but getting the Bengals to 1-3 definitely helps in the division standings.

Hate to say it, but a Bengals loss is the better outcome tonight for Steelers fans.

Hines0wnz 10-01-2007 03:34 PM

Re: What to Do - Root For Pats or Bengals?

I only cheer for Brady (his stats) since he is my fantasy QB. So if he could throw 3 or 4 TDs for 400 yards and no picks but get his arm or leg broken on the final drive then that would be a dream game for me. :wink02:

fansince'76 10-01-2007 03:35 PM

Can I root for both teams to beat the crap out of each other in a scoreless tie? :chuckle:

CantStop85 10-01-2007 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hines0wnz (Post 302848)
I only cheer for Brady (his stats) since he is my fantasy QB. So if he could throw 3 or 4 TDs for 400 yards and no picks but get his arm or leg broken on the final drive then that would be a dream game for me. :wink02:

But that would screw you over for the rest of the season.

HometownGal 10-01-2007 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hines0wnz (Post 302848)

I have IBoinkedMarvin'sMama in the game tonight in a couple of my FFs, as well as Madieu Williams in 3 of my IDP leagues, so I hope I get a TD or two out of that nappy headed freakshow and Williams has a good game defensively. I hope the end result is a tie, but since that probably won't happen, I have to hope the *gag* *heave* *barf* Cheatsies finish the game on top. :puke:

Counselor 10-01-2007 04:28 PM

Sorry guys, you gotta root for hitler---oops I mean the Pats----at this point you have to root for anyone playing a divisional opponent.

Black@Gold Forever32 10-01-2007 04:30 PM

Pats all the way.......The Bengals are in the AFC North....Now if the Steelers would have won yesterday then I could see why to root for the Bengals even though that would cause me to have a sick feeling in my stomach...Actually so does rooting for the Pats.....Actually I'm hoping for somebody to fire bomb Paul Brown Stadium tonight wiping both teams out....lol

stillers4me 10-01-2007 04:40 PM

Need you ask..............

As much as I hate to cheer for the Pats and Marcia Brady, this one falls under the category of:

My favorite team is the Steelers........and anybody playing the Bengals.

Patsies by default.

revefsreleets 10-01-2007 05:41 PM

I have a different view. Since the Bengals always decide that they don't need to show up for 3-4 weeks after a big win, I'm going to (and I just threw up a little in my mouth just thinking about typing what I'm about to type) get behind the NFL's criminal element for tonights game. NO, not the cheating criminal element, the real street criminal element. The Pats seem to have a thing for scoring 38 points, and I expect they'll score about that tonight, but the Bengals are at home, it's Monday Night Football, they were embarrassed badly by the Browns last week, and they do still have a lot of playmakers on offense. I'm pulling for a Bengal win tonight, and then for them to pridefully neglect playing real football for the next few weeks losing successive games to the horrible Chiefs, the awful Jets, and then getting blown out by the Steelers. That'll make them 2-5 and virtually out of the playoffs by week 7.

The Duke 10-01-2007 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fansince'76 (Post 302849)
Can I root for both teams to beat the crap out of each other in a scoreless tie? :chuckle:

I'm hoping for this

I just want Brady to help me in my fantasy league :banana: