Steelers Fever Forums

Steelers Fever Forums (http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php)
-   Sports Dimension (http://forums.steelersfever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Jury Finds Isiah Thomas Guilty (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=20255)

TroysBadDawg 10-02-2007 10:53 AM

Jury Finds Isiah Thomas Guilty

http://www.whiotv.com/sports/14251379/detail.html

Quote:

NEW YORK -- A jury Tuesday has found that Isiah Thomas and Madison Square Garden sexually harassed a former Knicks executive.

The jury found that Thomas subjected the Anucha Browne Sanders to unwanted advances and a barrage of verbal insults. It also found that Madison Square Garden committed harassment against the woman. And it decided that MSG should pay her punitive damages.

The same jury now will begin deciding the amount of damages.

Browne Sanders filed a $10 million lawsuit.

The decision came a day after jurors reached a decision on eight of the nine questions on the jury form; they were deadlocked on the other question, which asks whether Thomas should have to pay punitive damages. That question only becomes relevant if the jury of four women and three men first determines that Thomas and Madison Square Garden committed harassment against the former executive.

The judge sent the jury home for the day, asking the panel to deliberate again on the deadlocked question Tuesday.

Lawyers for both sides declined to comment on the development, which came on the second full day of deliberations.

Anucha Browne Sanders, fired from her $260,000 a year job in 2006, sued Thomas and Madison Square Garden for $10 million. She accused them of sexual harassment and said MSG fired her for complaining about the treatment.

memphissteelergirl 10-02-2007 11:18 AM

Re: Jury Finds Isiah Thomas Guilty

Wow...just...wow...the last person I would have expected as capable of doing something like that.

Guess that innocent, boyish face can fool ya, huh?

83-Steelers-43 10-02-2007 01:09 PM

Asked if he was bothered by a black man calling a black female "bitch," Thomas said: "Not as much. I?m sorry to say, I do make a distinction.

"A white male calling a black female a bitch is highly offensive," Thomas said. "That would have violated my code of conduct."

"Maybe I shouldn?t go there. ? A white male calling a black female, that is wrong with me. I?m not taking that. I?m not accepting that. ? That?s a problem for me."

:yawn:

Oh really? Funny how that works. You stay classy Isiah! :thumbsup:

rbryan 10-02-2007 01:17 PM

I'd be curious to know what her job description was to merit a $260k year salary to begin with. This is the knicks, not the department of defense, right??

The real shocker to me was that Isiah wasn't sexually harassing a male employee. lol

83-Steelers-43 10-02-2007 01:22 PM

I'd be curious to know where Isiah Thomas stands when it comes to a white male calling a female mulatto a "bitch"?

Does that still apply?

"Isiah Thomas: Ethics and Racism in the work place"....A must read for any stupid businessman.

revefsreleets 10-03-2007 07:55 AM

Anyone see a picture of this woman? She looks like a female Samuel Jackson. Sorry, not that I like Isiah Thomas or anything, but this case is bullshit. Calling someone a bitch and a ho is not sexual harrassment. It's trashy, but it ain't harrassment. Then there is this:

"What I did here, I did for every working woman in America,'' she said. "And that includes everyone who gets up and goes to work in the morning, everyone working in a corporate environment.''

Wrong. What you did was set women back another ten years. Compnaies are going to become paranoid about putting women into any kind of male dominated situation for fear of these frivilous suits, and it makes the legitimate suits less legitimate.

Stlr4ever 12-17-2007 09:32 PM

Issaiah thought he was too slick. Anyway, I can't understand why the Knicks owner still have him on his payroll.

Rhee Rhee 12-25-2007 10:11 PM

isiah's life's just toilet bowling down....